Website screen bounce

itschris

itschris

There are now 3 things i really hate in the world. The first two are peeing and getting gas... total waste of time. I hate both. Peeing really pisses me off because the need always seems to come at the worst time... I'm running late to a meeting or I'm trying to sleep. I've literally considered putting a storage tote full of cat litter next to my bed so I can just roll over and piss in the box... or maybe even wear a diaper.. I haven't decided.

New on the list, however, are websites that are so poorly designed and filled with ads and scripts that take so long to load that you start reading and the screen jumps up, down, up, down for 20 seconds while you're trying to navigate. I can't count how many times I've tapped an incorrect link because the content shifted just as i was about to touch a link. I think it's worse on the an iPad or other tablet, but even my desktop suffers too. I'm so sick of this that I've litterally abandoned a site solely for this reason and will not revisit. What the F! Why can't these geniouses code in specific, fixed size locations for all their ads. It really pisses me off.

About to become number 4 is the way the iPad can't even maintain a webpage without refreshing. What's the point of having multiple tabs for web contents if you when you switch, then switch back, the original page has to reload. How stuipid is that?

I'm about to pick up a top of line surface and donate all my ipads because I hate that so much. I mean I see that as a major failure th....

Okay... one of my admins just brought me a Starbucks frozen thing with whip cream and a big cookie... rant over.

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
What browsers and blocks are you using? I use opera on all my devices and adblockplus.org. No shift or bounce.

itschris

itschris

I use Chrome mostly... but pretty much exclusively on my iPads

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
I'm not aware of chrome being able to disable auto refresh, but opera Firefox and ie can. I'd give opera a shot, can't hurt.

itschris

itschris

I'm not aware of chrome being able to disable auto refresh, but opera Firefox and ie can. I'd give opera a shot, can't hurt.
I thought the refresh thing was an iPad issue... something to the effect that there wasn't memory to cache pages or something.

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
I thought the refresh thing was an iPad issue... something to the effect that there wasn't memory to cache pages or something.
It is, however you can defeat it by using different browsers. Safari and Chrome are undefeatable so when the OS sends the refresh it will.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
There are now 3 things i really hate in the world. The first two are peeing...
The good news is that after you pass 60, one of your 3 least favorite things will become one of your happy things. ;)

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
It's a header called meta-refresh. If you view source on the page you'll see it. As mentioned some browsers let you turn it off in settings.

The constant jumping and resizing is because new content arrives, mostly ads, and the page has to be re-rendered. Yes it is highly annoying and I particularly hate the sites that have 'lists' where you have to click 'next' after each item. The purpose of such a thing? You guessed it - another page with another shitload of ads.

itschris

itschris

It's not having piss at night now and then, it's pissing in General...it's just such a waste of time. Like now... I just got home from the office and was about to sit down and have a glass of wine...but I have to piss first. Earlier this morning I was late for a meeting trying to wrap something up. Two coffees and a couple juices in me and not able to break away all morning I nearly went into renal failure. So I'm rushing to my meeting and had to hit the bathroom where I pissed for an eternity making me even more late. I just hate peeing... Plain and simple.

okay... Back to the web stuff...

I put opera on my iPad 3. It runs really slow. I got my identical iPad which also has Chrome and loaded I loaded a few websites at the same time and found Chrome to be significantly faster. In fact Opera hung trying to load Drudge after about 10+seconds. Then I thought something may be wrong with the one IPad so I loaded Opera on the other one and did the same thing. Same results... Chrome was very much faster than Opera on my iPads.

So now I'm back using Chrome. Is there a way to shut down the refresh in Chrome the way appear does?

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
+1 on the bouncing page.

misclicks and "oh you're reading that article?" "bounce 8itch"

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
It's not having piss at night now and then, it's pissing in General...it's just such a waste of time. Like now... I just got home from the office and was about to sit down and have a glass of wine...but I have to piss first. Earlier this morning I was late for a meeting trying to wrap something up. Two coffees and a couple juices in me and not able to break away all morning I nearly went into renal failure. So I'm rushing to my meeting and had to hit the bathroom where I pissed for an eternity making me even more late. I just hate peeing... Plain and simple.

I put opera on my iPad 3. It runs really slow. I got my identical iPad which also has Chrome and loaded I loaded a few websites at the same time and found Chrome to be significantly faster. In fact Opera hung trying to load Drudge after about 10+seconds. Then I thought something may be wrong with the one IPad so I loaded Opera on the other one and did the same thing. Same results... Chrome was very much faster than Opera on my iPads.

So now I'm back using Chrome. Is there a way to shut down the refresh in Chrome the way appear does?
Weird to see opera slower as it benchmarks higher in most studies. Did you adjust the network settings to be applicable for wifi and not network data? There are a few other browsers to try.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord

Since I try to ride 150 miles/week on my bike and I live in Texas, I tend to drink a lot more water than normal people. It sucks since I am always on the road for my job(I am local now but still drive from account to account).

I have to about every hour. When I'm at the office, people think something is wrong with me.

Those fat cows seem to go all day and never pee.

Peeing must be healthy.

itschris

itschris

Weird to see opera slower as it benchmarks higher in most studies. Did you adjust the network settings to be applicable for wifi and not network data? There are a few other browsers to try.
Yeah the two iPads I keep at home are wifi only

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
Would you provide some example URLs of websites that seem to be hanging up on you?

itschris

itschris

DRUDGE REPORT 2014®

it loads for about 15 or so seconds and begins studdering...then stops. I've never waited long enough to see how long it would actually take to finish. Both safari and chrome load it in just about three to four seconds.

everything just seems much slower with Opera.

FrancisDaniel

FrancisDaniel

Audiophyte
:) chill man. I use chrome too. But from time to time I clear my browsers cache.
im with you with your ipad experience.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis