T

tom67

Full Audioholic
Summit wireless or someone like them will make all present speakers obsolete within 5 years....per the movie, the entire set up changes at the press of a button to adjust for your location....so dont invest much in conventional wired speakers at this point. They will be ballast and door stops in a few years.....

http://summitwireless.com/

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
The face of the electronics looks like Denon, with the curve at the top edge.

This isn't much different from how Audyssey and the other systems work, other than the fact that there's a remote that tells the controller that the listener has moved and the reference point is the center channel speaker.

Doesn't leave any consideration for personal preference in speakers, either.

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
Man, they need a new 3D firm...those renders are terrible.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Man, they need a new 3D firm...those renders are terrible.
Huh?

The tech seems interesting. Depending on how many products come integrated with it it could be viable. I do question how it will affect the sound of a speaker that would be otherwise passive with an amplifier just thrown into it like the video they show with the KEF speakers (although they never actually show the amp, and the box they pull the center out of is clearly generic). If they have already partnered with Aperion why didn't they just use them for the video?

TjMV3

TjMV3

Full Audioholic
Summit wireless or someone like them will make all present speakers obsolete within 5 years....per the movie, the entire set up changes at the press of a button to adjust for your location....so dont invest much in conventional wired speakers at this point. They will be ballast and door stops in a few years.....

http://summitwireless.com/
Not buying it. I'll bet their metal boxes will be door stops long before conventional loudspeakers will ever be.

T

tom67

Full Audioholic
Americans and, especially their wives hate wires more every day and this may be our salvation.....how can they possibly fail? Would you rather have HDMI-244?

TjMV3

TjMV3

Full Audioholic
I don't mind wires. I like wires. Like them in all kind of different groovey colors.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
They're making an issue of a non problem.....

And BS.... they need very high energly levels to drive speakers and I can only think of the hazards of radiation with these power levels. How are we gonna get 2000 watts wireless to a subwoofer? :p
I think our heads are gonna glow red from radiation before we manage to bottom out high-performance subs.....

Why do you think some places people are attracting more and more to cabled networking, because it's faster, better and more reliable

T

tom67

Full Audioholic
Actually, the problem I have always had with wireless speakers is that they are not wireless....duh, they have an amp, and hence a powercord....I guess they could make them rechargeable, but who would want to screw with that....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis