Warpdrv's Dual Opposed 18" LMS's..... "The XLerators"

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Just hooked up the 3rd sub this evening when I got home from work and just to balance the system out I had to drop the D2v sub out about 9db

Things are getting crazy here... and each of the amps are just limping along...

EQ on friday, should be cool to see how things pan out... I'll post up REW sweeps

jwenthold99

jwenthold99

Full Audioholic
I was wondering why my windows have been flexing lately.... I am guessing I am within 20 miles of you, which might not be good for my house.... :D

Very nice, excellent craftsmanship... they must sound incredible!

Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic
So how would one obtain such a CNC machine as on the first page.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
I was wondering why my windows have been flexing lately.... I am guessing I am within 20 miles of you, which might not be good for my house.... :D

Very nice, excellent craftsmanship... they must sound incredible!
I'll be running EQ on them tomorrow evening, If your interested your welcome to an audition.... I would suggest bring a pair of extra pants :)

So how would one obtain such a CNC machine as on the first page.
No clue - totally good question, and John is a freakin master with CAD to feed the flatbed CNC machine.... I was truly amazed with his abilities with CAD and running that machine....

John at AE Speakers is completely willing to take on custom jobs such as mine. This build of mine would not have been possible if it weren't for Johns attention to details in putting together these boxes, and his finish work is absolutely incredible....... My pictures truly don't do them justice.

As soon as I saw his PR sub he brought to my house for a subwoofer shootout, I knew he had something special. When I saw his latest creations with the large rounded corners such as what my cabs consisted of I was sold and knew he had what I was after for a finished product... I am so glad to have had him create my cabs for this project. I couldn't have done this without him...

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Warpdrive, hope you don't mind but had to share some of your pics on another A/V site. Here's where I posted them.

http://www.theaudioannex.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=68&p=692#p692

Dude those subs are just awe inspiring. :eek:
Thanks Matt.....

Not my wife, but certainly quite the GF or as others here know her by the name SugarMama... :)

That lounge seat is not the main listening position for the room, but it does serve 2 purposes for sure, if your remotely tired and you sit in that seat - I give you about 10 mins max and its passout time :) Otherwise its called the HOT seat and will dole out free massages.

The 3rd sub I just finished installing will be going behind the plasma, shame to hide its beauty back there, but hopefully will yield some great performance when we start running sweeps tonight, we'll have to see how things go.

annunaki

annunaki

Thanks Matt.....

Not my wife, but certainly quite the GF or as others here know her by the name SugarMama... :)

That lounge seat is not the main listening position for the room, but it does serve 2 purposes for sure, if your remotely tired and you sit in that seat - I give you about 10 mins max and its passout time :) Otherwise its called the HOT seat and will dole out free massages.

The 3rd sub I just finished installing will be going behind the plasma, shame to hide its beauty back there, but hopefully will yield some great performance when we start running sweeps tonight, we'll have to see how things go.
How are your sweeps going?

Any results to post yet this evening?

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Yes, we ran sweeps last night, which took quite some time to run through...

We finished with this measurement for now....

We spent alot of time going through about 50 to 60 sweeps at least... 4 hours running multiple different sweeps and some varying placement options, moving the main sub behind the plasma and back out to the left of the entertainment console. I think the measurements came out very nicely with what we have to work with in there.

There is alot of balancing acts to perform... once getting phase and delay setup, getting one sub EQ'd and then introducing the second and then third and forth - the interactions that come into play are astounding - it gets somewhat overwhelming...

Ya can't EQ too much before introducing the next sub - which will add different peaks and dips that can become drastically worse if EQ was applied previously. So you have to do a great deal of before and after measuring and adjustments just starting with 1 sub and moving on to the next...

I tried to boost the low end with the DCX, ran with 7 - 9db, but I think I may need to do more tweaking and experimentation. My room is so large and I get absolutely zero gain down low..... Don't get me wrong - the bass in this room is super clean and the output is staggering, I am by no means disappointed with the SQ or output, I can be 15-20db hot and it'll keep up with no problems at all... I like to run about 5-10db hot so the additional drivers and amps have been and will be priceless for the future.

I may have to look into something more for the signal shaping of the sealed cabs here... I have never been one who chases the single digits output and trust me when I tell you that things are seriously shaking in my house.

I'll post up the start to finish sweeps when I get them organized and uploaded.

Last edited:
ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Yes, we ran sweeps last night, which took quite some time to run through...

We finished with this measurement for now....

We spent alot of time going through about 50 to 60 sweeps at least... 4 hours running multiple different sweeps and some varying placement options, moving the main sub behind the plasma and back out to the left of the entertainment console. I think the measurements came out very nicely with what we have to work with in there.

There is alot of balancing acts to perform... once getting phase and delay setup, getting one sub EQ'd and then introducing the second and then third and forth - the interactions that come into play are astounding - it gets somewhat overwhelming...

Ya can't EQ too much before introducing the next sub - which will add different peaks and dips that can become drastically worse if EQ was applied previously. So you have to do a great deal of before and after measuring and adjustments just starting with 1 sub and moving on to the next...

I tried to boost the low end with the DCX, ran with 7 - 9db, but I think I may need to do more tweaking and experimentation. My room is so large and I get absolutely zero gain down low..... Don't get me wrong - the bass in this room is super clean and the output is staggering, I am by no means disappointed with the SQ or output, I can be 15-20db hot and it'll keep up with no problems at all... I like to run about 5-10db hot so the additional drivers and amps have been and will be priceless for the future.

I may have to look into something more for the signal shaping of the sealed cabs here... I have never been one who chases the single digits output and trust me when I tell you that things are seriously shaking in my house.

I'll post up the start to finish sweeps when I get them organized and uploaded.
That is just about exactly how I calibrated mine except I skipped all the steps past, plug it in and play it...:eek:

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Final Waterfall and spectogram...

Sweeps along the way...
Original OLD EQ, new subs

Main behind plasma

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Getting things together, EQing and adding subs along the way. These are the measurements we kept which looked the best throughout the trials and errors of 50-75 sweeps or so I think....

dapack69

dapack69

Senior Audioholic
At least if there is ever an earthquake reported in southern WI we know the source of it.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Nice work. Overkill for sure but very nice.
Not overkill for my room.... it may be a touch more then I need but it def does exactly what I needed for what I have to deal with in terms of space I had to fill and SQ....

I would much rather have a good deal of headroom and not be stressing the drivers or pushin the limits to get huge output... I have no complaints...

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
Not overkill for my room.... it may be a touch more then I need but it def does exactly what I needed for what I have to deal with in terms of space I had to fill and SQ....

I would much rather have a good deal of headroom and not be stressing the drivers or pushin the limits to get huge output... I have no complaints...
Don't get me wrong! I am all about overkill:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis