Want a new receiver...

D

DMBmike

Enthusiast
Hello all,

I am wanting to upgrade my current 5.1 Home Theater Receiver. I am looking to spend between $150-$300. Here is my current setup:

TV: Sharp 50" LED (if that matters)
Receiver: Yamaha Natural Sounds AV receiver HTR-3064
Sub: HTD Level 3 subwoofer
Center speaker: HTD Level 3 Center Speaker
Left/Right Front Speakers-HTD level 3 Towers
Left/Right Surrounds: HTD level 3 bookshelf Speakers
Additional inputs: Cable, PS3, Xbox 360 and Apple TV
Room dimensions: 16' x 17'

I want something that I can run all my inputs to and go through straight to the TV (my current receiver will not do that). I would also like my sound to be good, obviously. Watch movies 80%, play games 15, music 5%.

I have been looking at the DENON AVR-1612 5.1 Channel A/V Home Theater Receiver and DENON AVR-591 5.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver. Or should I just stay with what I have?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Z

zilla

Junior Audioholic
Hello all,

I am wanting to upgrade my current 5.1 Home Theater Receiver. I am looking to spend between $150-$300. Here is my current setup:

TV: Sharp 50" LED (if that matters)
Receiver: Yamaha Natural Sounds AV receiver HTR-3064
Sub: HTD Level 3 subwoofer
Center speaker: HTD Level 3 Center Speaker
Left/Right Front Speakers-HTD level 3 Towers
Left/Right Surrounds: HTD level 3 bookshelf Speakers
Additional inputs: Cable, PS3, Xbox 360 and Apple TV
Room dimensions: 16' x 17'

I want something that I can run all my inputs to and go through straight to the TV (my current receiver will not do that). I would also like my sound to be good, obviously. Watch movies 80%, play games 15, music 5%.

I have been looking at the DENON AVR-1612 5.1 Channel A/V Home Theater Receiver and DENON AVR-591 5.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver. Or should I just stay with what I have?

Any advice would be appreciated.
I'd buy something from Accessories for less or from Amazon refurb'd. For $300 you can get what is likely a $600-$700 receiver new and it will still be warrantied.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis