Vizio E701i-A3 70" TV Do I need extended warranty

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
If your luck is like mine, if you buy the extended warranty you'll never need it. If you don't, your TV will screw up the week after your warranty expires.

C

copmagnet82

Junior Audioholic
TV's and electronics get outdated so fast that it's not even funny and everything is pretty much disposable these days. I wouldn't worry about the extended warranty, because for the price you'll pay for the warranty, in 2-3 years you'll essentially be able to get a better TV (unless it's $50 for 3 years of extra warranty); I know it's a stretch, but you know what I mean. Also, let's say you do get the extended warranty... if anything goes wrong, you'll hate the TV anyways and you'll want to get a newer and better one either way. Another way of thinking about... once your TV goes bad, since everything is disposable, they will essentially give you a new TV up to the price you paid for your TV, so assuming your TV breaks down in 2-3 years, you'll have a newer "free" TV.

...either way, I'd still save my money :)

W

waynezo

Enthusiast
Thanks to all who responded. Is battery backup beneficial to an LED TV or is a good surge suppressor good enough?

baniels

baniels

Audioholic
If you haven't already purchased it, the 2014 Vizio lineup of both the E and M series has been reported as a great improvement over the 2013 models. They are (nearly) all full array led backlit with local dimming. Cnet recently reviewed both the E and M series.

The 70 inch model from both lines is not out yet, but should be very soon. The E series 70" inch will have an MSRP of $1,600 and the M will be $1,900. If you can wait, and spend an extra $100, the E700i will be quite a good deal.

Vizio E0i-B series review - CNET
Vizio M2i-B series review - CNET

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis