slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Get These Instead

Better deals to be had. But it's hard to see exactly what these are. Are these generic cardboard outer jackets or the rice-paper inner sleeves? If the inner sleeves then check this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0019QENZW/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

I like these. Acid Free is a biggie for me (whether or not it really makes a difference, I can't say, but why risk it). Also, I like the rounded corners, makes it a little easier to get back into the outer sleeve. Also, 50 shipped for $28, so a bit cheaper than the ones you linked.

If it's actually the outer cardboard jacket, then I can't comment as I've never bought those.

Also, if you are in the market for plastic outer covers for the cardboard sleeves (highly recommended to protect the jackets)
Amazon.com: (100) INDUSTRY STANDARD 3mil Thick Plastic Outer Sleeves for 12" Vinyl Records #12SE03 - Protect Against Dust.: Electronics

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
So, not exactly vinyl news........but

I got 2 new 180g vinyls for Christmas and they are definitely good quality and recommended if you like the style.

Miles Davis: Kind of Blue

Buena Vista Social Club Live at Carnegie Hall

Good stuff

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Congrats. :) My latest new vinyl is "Live At The Checkerboard Lounge" recorded in 1981 featuring Muddy Waters and the Rolling Stones. The other aquistion is Clinic's New album, Free Reign.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
That's an awesome soundtrack. What is the recording/pressing quality like?

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
That's an awesome soundtrack. What is the recording/pressing quality like?
I've only listened to 2 of the 4 sides (double LP). It does have like 3 (maybe 4?) different versions of "Man of Constant Sorrow" on it.

To me, the real gem on that album that is worth the price of the entire album is Allison Krauss "Down to the River to Pray". That is just amazing. I can't imagine anyone, ever, doing a better version of that song.

Bottom line, it sounds great. For $15 on Amazon, it is a no-brainer. I just wish I had bought it when it was released, didn't know what I was missing!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I picked up this album up on a whim just on the cover not knowing anything about this band. I'll post my findings tomorrow. :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
FWIW, I got into vinyl in 1997, when I was about 20 years old or so. I'm ahead of the curve.

I completely believe this data. Simple supply and demand, I am paying more for vinyl now than I did in the late 90s and early 00s. On the other hand, the price for CDs has dropped. Especially if you compare used vinyl to used CDs, the prices have flip-flopped since the late 90s.

One of my older friends here in town, went to several garage sales / estate sales in the ritzy part of town in the mid-80s and bought several high end TTs and equip for a fraction of what they are worth today.

If anyone is near central TX, this might be worth checking out. I just saw it, so not a rec, just spreading info:
23391_483294548376201_686074092_n | w h e t s t o n e . a u d i o

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Fast delivery!:eek::D Portishead should be here Monday I guess. Used Ronstant LP is in great shape.:cool:

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I listened to it last night and I liked it. Would I buy it new? No but for $6 Cdn used and in good shape, it was good find. I can see myself playing this album a few times for sure.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Just got these France Joli LP's today from a ebay seller in great cond. For those who don't know her she is a french Canadian singer who was big in the late 70's to 80's. Great voice had to re-buy them.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
It's called a record clamp and its been debated to death by audiophiles. It may help with records that are warped but that is the only use I think they're good for.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis