S

speakerman1

Enthusiast
i use to run a hafler system with marantz monoblocs and a technics processor. i built all my speakers.
now i deal in vintage gear. there is some nice stuff out there for a good price. the old stuff just sounds warmer to me. maybe its because im an old head from the 70s or a cheap skate.

F

footman

Junior Audioholic
Kenwood M2 power amplifier.

I use a Kenwood M2 to biamp a pair of Axiom M80's. I often wonder how these old amps hold up sonically against equipment being produced today. For my audio needs it does the job. The Axioms open up nicely. Would the investment in a new power amp offer any sonic improvement. The Kenwood is about 30 years old. It is also a pleasure to look at.

S

speakerman1

Enthusiast
i just sold a denon. the old stuff has a warm sound. i mean you dont have to buy a subwoofer to get the bottom end and the highs roll off crystal clear. im listening to a scott unit i just bought the amp and tuner for 86.00 for shipping and all. my speakers are old kenwood KL-555z. they have some stiff 10 inch woofers but this amp is pushing them well.

dorokusai

dorokusai

Full Audioholic
There are some great vintage pieces rolling around in the the flea markets, yard sales and pawn shops of today. You never know what you'll come across.

I've found some great pieces but nothing that displaced any modern gear I had in place. The exception to that would be my Dahlquist DQ-10's, as they were in place for quite some time.

Mark
Polk Audio CS

S

speakerman1

Enthusiast
i just bought some cerwin vegas for 15.00 but ive got to get them refoamed. i went to a newer amp a proton but i was told it sounded like a tube amp. it does sound warm.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis