Vincerò! Vincerò!

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

I'm not sure if you guys have seen this yet, but if not check it out. A crappy Brit-Idol-knockoff show just featured a pretty amazing performance. The guy is a cell phone salesman named Paul Potts, but just listen to him blow the lid off "Nessun Dorma" from Puccini's Turandot!:eek:

P

Pat D

Audioholic
I'm not sure if you guys have seen this yet, but if not check it out. A crappy Brit-Idol-knockoff show just featured a pretty amazing performance. The guy is a cell phone salesman named Paul Potts, but just listen to him blow the lid off "Nessun Dorma" from Puccini's Turandot!:eek:
I've seen quite a bit of comment on Paul Potts' win and on his vocal capabilities. At age 36, I would hope for more but he has had a hard time, and now that he can afford voice lessons again and get back to practicing, he may well be able to sing opera at some level. We don't really know what his potential is for sure.

Many have linked to clips of Nessun Dorma by various singers, including Bjoerling, Corelli, Pavarotti, and others. Here is one by a fairly light tenor, Alfredo Kraus, a very competent, reliable, and artistic singer of international stature:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjRF1HD3W1I&mode=related&search=

I think this is a fairer comparison than some that have been made.

G

Gasman

Senior Audioholic
Tad older thread...

Just bought his CD. Not bad for his first CD, very good vocals. Sounds great on my system. ;)

Always have loved Classical, and I've only liked Opera here and there, but he certainly sparked my interest back in it.

Rob, if you like this, you may also want to check out that 15 year old girl, Holly Stell (I'm pretty sure that is her name).
She has my vote for prodigy opera prima donna.
If anything check out the duet with her and Andrea Bocelli.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis