Vienna Acoustics????

H

heetmyzr

Enthusiast
I've been demoing VA's Mozart Grand SE floor standing speakers. They are very aesthetically pleasing and I think they sound very good. BUT, any list I see where speakers are compared (Best Speaker, Top Brands, Best of, etc) I never see any of the VA's on the list. Am I missing something? What are your thoughts of these speakers? Thanks!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
VA speakers measure rather inaccurately, even their $50K system. They may sound great, though. They look too square for my taste. But in the end the only thing that matters is how they sound to you.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Do you need a review or list to tell you something sounds good? I like the VAs and have never read a single review of them :)

T

TheHills44060

Junior Audioholic
I always liked the Haydns but don't have much experience with any of the tower models. Let your ears be your guide not the written word.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Whatever works for you - the dip (not small) in the midrange can bring lack
of detail and definition - also some concern about good crossover work.

However if they are right for you, then go for it.

At one time you were also thinking about B&W?

Did you ever audition Monitor Audio Silver?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I guess the dilemna of the choice between nice sounding but inaccurate speakers verses accurate (flat frequency response) speakers is rearing its head.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I guess the dilemna of the choice between nice sounding but inaccurate speakers verses accurate (flat frequency response) speakers is rearing its head.
I have heard quite a few of their models now. I do not think they sound good. Panel resonance abounds, along with a poorly aligned bass. They produce the sort of sound I run a mile from.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Speakers could measure really well, sound excellent and good nice - I would rather give my hard earned money to Jim Salk's business
Veracity ht1-tl - home

In fact I could never forget the amazing sound I heard from SoundScape 8's - but daaam 8k is well above my means for now

H

heetmyzr

Enthusiast
I cannot find a showroom in my area where I can demo the Monitors. I spoke with a local dealer and he couldn't think of a showroom either - in Indy????? Come on!

H

heetmyzr

Enthusiast

I cannot find a showroom to demo the Monitors. I spoke with a local Monitor Audio dealer and he couldn't think of one either - in Indy????? Come on!!

H

heetmyzr

Enthusiast

I'm demoing Paradigm Studio 20s today. Any thoughts on those?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'm demoing Paradigm Studio 20s today. Any thoughts on those?
Paradigm measure well. I am not sure I like their sound personally, though. Only you can decide.

Last edited:
Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
A lot of people like them, and the Paradigm brand.
And a lot of people don't. It's your ears that count.

BTW, I second the Salk idea. Along with Philharmonic Audio speakers, there is nothing better measuring...or to my ears, sounding. They're just difficult to find to audition...but both have liberal return policies.

H

heetmyzr

Enthusiast
Thanks for you all your inputs!! I have a business trip that takes me through Columbus this week and there is a Monitor Audio showroom so I will get to demo those.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
IMO, best speakers for the money are the Philharmonic 3's. I don't own them, but a friend of mine (Alex) does and they do sound incredible. They can also take lots of power. To get that quality sound you would have to spend 10k on up. When the going gets tough the Viennas can't hang. If you like nice background music than they are fine.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I would also strong suggest looking at PSB's Imagine Towers. PSBs are dynamically capable speakers handling both quiet and loud play back levels with ease

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks for you all your inputs!! I have a business trip that takes me through Columbus this week and there is a Monitor Audio showroom so I will get to demo those.
Keep on auditioning as many brands as you can. Only you will truly know which speakers sound great to you. I think there are many great sounding speakers that many people would be happy with.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis