Verizon iPhone Finally Seems Confirmed

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
What I like is biodegradability. I upgraded the memory in my Droid X from 8GB + 16GB to 8 + 32. That's plenty for my needs. I also upgraded the battery and kept the old one as a spare. No having t do major surgery to change out the battery.

I

IndoSlim

Audioholic Intern
The hero won't be getting anymore os upgrades after 2.1? I thought it would still get the updates, but just at a different time. That sucks if you cant upgrade anymore.

How can you upgrade phones multiple times in a contract? I thought all carriers had at least 1 year contracts. In my case, not having a keyboard is not enough of a problem to make me want to give up my iphone. And it's not apple that decides when you can get an upgrade, its AT&T, which is like every other phone carrier.
That's not true. It is Apple. For the simple fact that Apple only comes out with new iphones once a year. New Android phones, however, come out all the time.

Concerning upgrading phones multiple times, that's why I said it would be costly to do so, but it can be done.

And no, the Hero will not be getting 2.2. It will still get things like bug fixes and the like. I doubt it'll even get the new sense HTC came out with on the Desire HD.

T

tsand

Audiophyte
Verizon is heavily invested in Android, Nokia and will have many W7 phones as well.

If Apple tries to play hardball, Verizon may pass...

If the Iphone does make to Verizon, we will finally find out if AT&T or the iPhone is the reason for all the 3G dropped calls

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
If the Iphone does make to Verizon, we will finally find out if AT&T or the iPhone is the reason for all the 3G dropped calls
I have to say that when I had sprint, I had at least 20 times more dropped calls in my apartment. That was the main reason why we switched from sprint to att. I hope the cdma iphone goes to sprint, because I would just like to see the uproar from all the verizon folks :eek:

majorloser

majorloser

I notice that Verizon will also be receiving the iPad on October 28th. Only problem is you will only be able to get the one with WiFi. But they are offering a bundle that includes their MiFi device that gives you a 3G WiFi hotspot. I guess the good is you can use it with your laptop to also gain access. The bad is that you'll have to carry another device with your iPad if you want 3G access.

Also, I notice Verizon is starting up the 4G network. But of course you won't be able to get a bundle to include a 4G WiFi hotspot device with the iPad.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/ipad.jsp

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/mobilebroadband/?page=products_mifi

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis