Velodyne SC-1250 question

E

ehurnie

Junior Audioholic
I currently own a buttkicker BKA1004 that can drive 2ohm loads. I am curious about the velodyne amp and would like some help. I plan on building 2 subs with the Shiva-X subwoofers. They have dual 8ohm coils. I was planning on running the coils in series and then connecting the subs in parallel to get an 8ohm load. I was going to use the velodyne amp but was confused when I started reading information from the manual. Here is the text straight from the manual. If going from the buttkicker to the velodyne wont be that much of an upgrade them Im not going to worry about it.

(19) Subwoofer Connection Terminals
Connect these output terminals to the subwoofer(s) being controlled by the SC-1250. Only
connect ONE subwoofer per red/black pair of subwoofer output terminals - DO NOT connect
the subwoofers in a “daisy chain” configuration.
Note: SC series subwoofers are designed so that TWO subwoofers can be driven from a
single SC-1250 amplifier. If you are using the SC-1250 to power a non-SC subwoofer, make
sure you check the resistance of the subwoofer’s voice coil. A SINGLE 4 ohm subwoofer can
be driven with the SC-1250, but not TWO 4 ohm woofers. If you attempt to run more than a
single 4 ohm subwoofer, internal protection circuitry will activate within the SC-1250.
Caution!!!
To avoid damage to your SC-1250, be sure to maintain correct polarity when making all
connections. Red (positive) to red, and black (negative) to black. Be sure that all connections
are tight, and that there are no loose strands or frayed wires.

I'm thinking the amp will see an 8ohm load, how will it know if things are daisy chained. Also, does anyone know if the 2 sets of connectors are connected together inside. Can someone help me out and let me know if Im wrong here. If anyone has used this amp let me know if it is with a sub other than velodyne.
Thanks, Joe

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis