Velodyne dd+ problem

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
Hello,I have a problem with my velo sub as when i turn it on via the power button on the back of the sub it is stuck on a p3 led signal on the front led panel and does not change until I turn it off and on again and also my velodyne auto eq never finishes and shows err on the front panel.It also has problems syncing when running the eq.I think the p3 problem is part off a bigger problem.I have been over at avs on the support thread but off late it has iced and seemed to run out of support.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
There really is only one remedy we can suggest on a forum like this and that is to return the unit to factory default. This is covered on page 36 of your user manual.

This is the instruction.

There is a feature in Digital Drive that allows you to restore the factory defaults. On the Main
Screen, simply press the 8, 9, and 0 buttons in sequence. If you are successful, the unit will
flicker the video and then restore the main screen. The system responds with a defaults
restored message, as shown below:

Get you manual out and make sure the unit shows the screen depicted on page 36.

If this does not solve a problem like that there is nothing else we or you can do about it. The unit will need factory service or replacement.

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
Thankyou both for your input.I did the 8 0 9 thing and although the reset works it comes back to P3 and is stuck there.The remote can't operate it from that point unless I turn it off and on again.I just got off the phone to velodyne representitive service in Brisbane Australia and will drive it down to them.They said they will look at it for free as it is a 6 hour drive for me.Very helpful,as I am sure it's nothing major as I can get the sub working no worries.Its just an IR problem,I think.I really appreciate your input guys thankyou.

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
I seem to have a similar problem with my DD10+

If you get any more information on what the problem could be, could you post it here?

If also found this post on AVS:

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-subwoofers-bass-transducers/304306-offical-velodyne-support-thread-328.html#post29717505
Yea no problem, I have it booked in for the 20th of this month being December and I will let you know how much it costs me to fix and what the problem is exactly.Its always good to know your sub and what it's worth.I have seen that link on Avs,but no one seems to be able to tell anyone anything.The thread over there seems to be dead at the moment with heaps off people complaining with nothing getting solved.Nothing worse than chasing your tail to get nowhere.I will be back with some answers so bear with me.

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
Also, what I do to free the P3 display is turn it off at the back( not at the power cord)instead at the switch on the sub and wait 3 seconds and turn it back on again.Do this until you see your display change from P3 to your current volume level.The remote will still be unreliable in communicating with the display but will eventually become responsive after some pressing of the remote.Then keep your vel light display lit while watching a movie.This works for me until I get it fixed.So far I think the problem lays with the ir board/panel needing to be re soldered in parts,a little bit like the PS3 problem with the yellow light of death issue.Mind you I don't think this problem is quite that bad but technically along them lines.This is just a guess so far but I will def know for sure on the 20th of this month.

Last edited:
T

The Luggage

Audiophyte
OK, thanks.

I'm afraid my problem is more serious. Switching the sub on and off does not help anymore to solve the issue. It seems the problem is not the remote. The sub itself is stuck in P3. And I saw a blinking yellow light on the network port ...

I've managed to get in touch with my local European Velodyne distributor. I've removed the back panel of the sub and sent it to them for inspection.

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
OK, thanks.

I'm afraid my problem is more serious. Switching the sub on and off does not help anymore to solve the issue. It seems the problem is not the remote. The sub itself is stuck in P3. And I saw a blinking yellow light on the network port ...

I've managed to get in touch with my local European Velodyne distributor. I've removed the back panel of the sub and sent it to them for inspection.
My yellow light is blinking also and my sub still operates.I don't think it is too serious.Anyway nothing we can do but wait.Please keep me posted here if possible as I would be very interested to find out what your problem is also.Thankyou for posting and will keep you posted as well. By the way,welcome to the forum it's good to have you here.

Last edited:
Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
Hi guys, happy new year to all. finally picked up my Subwoofer from the repair center and the problem with the constant p3 display has been solved. After some searching i found that the sub was still under warranty, so i did not have to pay anything. I was told by a tech that the whole back panel was replaced and now it is up and communicating with the remote fine.What i still do not understand is what was the cause off the problem as my sub just sits in a corner on a sound absorber and is not touched.Anyways, all is good.Thanks to all who have replied and tried to help.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hi guys, happy new year to all. finally picked up my Subwoofer from the repair center and the problem with the constant p3 display has been solved. After some searching i found that the sub was still under warranty, so i did not have to pay anything. I was told by a tech that the whole back panel was replaced and now it is up and communicating with the remote fine.What i still do not understand is what was the cause off the problem as my sub just sits in a corner on a sound absorber and is not touched.Anyways, all is good.Thanks to all who have replied and tried to help.
Congrats on getting your sub back! While your sub just sits in a corner, it does have a high concentration of vibration close by :) One reason I went with rack amps on my diy subs.

T

The Luggage

Audiophyte
My sub has been recently fixed in a similar way. I had to send the backpanel to the Velodyne distributor and received a new backpanel. This replacement solved the issue.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis