Vandersteen Speaker for Home Theater

S

soccert

Audiophyte
I am in the process of upgrading my system and would like to build a Home Theater speaker system around my existing Vandersteen Speakers. They are the 2c Models and I would like to add a Center, Subwoofer and rear speakers, any suggestions would be welcome. I just purchased a Denon 2807 Receiver that I am trying out. I have 30 days to return if I don't want it. Any suggestions on the receiver and speakers is appreciated. I do have a budget for the additional speakers of about 1500.00 and could spend a little more if I had to.

[NOTE: Please do not double post. - Admin]

rikmeister

rikmeister

Audioholic
vandersteen are good speakers. look on audiogon for them. you could save as much as

50% there. most vandersteen owners take care of their speakers. the center channel is the expensive one . i have a denon 3805 good receiver. you will like vandersteen speakers. totem and dali and vienna acoustic are also good too. listen to them and then decide.

R

rschleicher

Audioholic
Not to suggest the obvious, but check out www.vandersteen.com, to see Vandersteen's suggestions. They have a home theater set-up that is based on the 1c speaker for the fronts. Your 2c's would be an upgrade on this, but my guess is that the recommended center and rear speakers for the 1c would also match pretty well with the 2c. They also make an upgraded center channel and wall-mount rear speaker that they describe as using "model 5 grade components". These sound like they are more intended as a match for the model 5 speaker - hard to say if they would also match well with the 2c.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis