Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
Congrats!

I've been eyeballing that eq for a while and am anxious to hear your thoughts on it.
Nothing quite like twin ultras to put a grin on your face and pop your sheetrock screws through the paint.
I'm still in love with mine and am reminded why every time a movie-night guest screams due to unexpected LFE!:D

T

tomito

Audioholic Intern
Comparo

How two of these compares to two of the kappa perfect builds on the DIY area??? :confused:

Tom

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I've been eyeballing that eq for a while and am anxious to hear your thoughts on it.
Nothing quite like twin ultras to put a grin on your face and pop your sheetrock screws through the paint.
I'm still in love with mine and am reminded why every time a movie-night guest screams due to unexpected LFE!:D
I actually sent it back. It was great for music and provided the most seamless blend between my sub and mains that I have yet experienced. Music has never sounded better at my house.

For movies, it was like using a throttle stop on a race engine and I just didn't have the slam that I like. This is what flat bass gives you and how it should sound but I like a house curve and there is just no way of getting it with the EQ.

For awhile I would just turn it off for movies but decided it cost too much to have to turn it on and off.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
How two of these compares to two of the kappa perfect builds on the DIY area??? :confused:

Tom
I have never heard a Kappa but when compared to my old DIY, 1 Ultra was about 90% of the DIY with none of the hassle.

T

tomito

Audioholic Intern
I have never heard a Kappa but when compared to my old DIY, 1 Ultra was about 90% of the DIY with none of the hassle.
So your DIY sounded a little bit better, but compared in price? with the price of one ultra I can build two of the kappas. :eek:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis