Using Bluetooth speaker lightbulb with pc speakers

JR Barker

JR Barker

Audiophyte
This is my first post. I’ve searched the forum and couldn’t find an answer. I doubt this will be a duplicate thread.

Ok here we go. I have a Sengled Pulse Bluetooth speaker/lightbulb that has a Master and a Satellite (C1-BR30). For the purpose of the question, we’ll talk only about the Master. The screw base is damaged so I decided to take it apart and see what’s going on inside. This has led me to a little DIY project.

My goal, dumbed down, is to remove the speaker from the Sengled Pulse Bluetooth speaker/light bulb and use those speaker wires to go to a different speaker, such as pc speakers. However, there isn’t enough power from the little Sengled Pulse to drive a larger speaker. Therefore, I’d have to go through the other systems amplifier. Essentially taking what would be wires going to a speaker and using that signal to connect to, for example, a 3.5mm pc speaker cable that would normally plug into a phone, MP3 player, etc.

Does that makes sense? What are my options? What are other possibilities?

Basically, this would allow me to build a nice enclosure and combine the Bluetooth audio and lighting capabilities of the Sengled Pulse with the power and sound quality of different speakers. The applications would be limitless. I could take apart an Alexa, Google, or HomeKit device and use its smart technology for whatever type of application I’d like

I have a background in electrical but I know nothing about amplification, speaker systems, and types of signals and so on.

Thanks in advance!!
-JR

TMI: As an example, I turned my 3 speed box fan into an Apple HomeKit enabled smart fan buy taking apart three separate smart wall outlets, making a neat little enclosure, mounting the enclosure inside the corner of the box fan housing, interlocked the 3 “outlets” so they cannot energize at the same time, added circuit protection, and wired them to fan speeds 1, 2, and 3. Now it’s time to mess around with audio!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis