Used SongTowers, center, + surrounds in Spring, TX

N

Nuance AH

Audioholic General
Holy ridiculously awesome price, Batman! Good find, Swerd. Those will be snatched up quickly me thinks.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Dang, that's just 30 miles away from me. Too bad I'm not in the market for a new set up.

C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
It's listed as the RAAL tweeter though, but it is the LCY ribbon...correct?

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
It's listed as the RAAL tweeter though, but it is the LCY ribbon...correct?
The photo clearly shows LCY ribbon tweeters in the towers and the ¾" dome tweeters in the center and surround speakers.

I think the mention of RAAL tweeters might have happened as a result of copying & pasting info from the Salk website.

C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
The photo clearly shows LCY ribbon tweeters in the towers and the ¾" dome tweeters in the center and surround speakers.

I think the mention of RAAL tweeters might have happened as a result of copying & pasting info from the Salk website.
That's what I figured as well, but someone that is looking to purchase them may not know better.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
That's what I figured as well, but someone that is looking to purchase them may not know better.
Good point.

I've own STs with the dome tweeter, and can just barely tell the difference between ribbon or dome.

I doubt if I can hear the difference between the LCY or RAAL ribbons, but I've never done the blind comparison.

I always thought the LCY ribbon sounded excellent (as implemented in the Songtowers or HT2-TL towers). Salk replaced it with the RAAL ribbon because of supply and availability reasons, not for sound quality reasons.

C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
I've own STs with the dome tweeter, and can just barely tell the difference between ribbon or dome.

I doubt if I can hear the difference between the LCY or RAAL ribbons, but I've never done the blind comparison.
Interesting...a real comparison is needed, as opinions on this vary.

I've compared the standard Songtower with the dome, and the Sierra Tower with the dome. Very difficult to tell the the tweeters apart, if at all. I have not heard and Songtower with the LCY or RAAL, but I have heard the Sierra Tower with RAAL, and could easily (and be willing to do it blind) pick the RAAL over the NrT in the Sierra Tower.

Last edited:
its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
He probably got it mixed up with springtown (unless he actually did move to houston) :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis