Used Rotel RMB-1075 vs New Outlaw 5000

C

clugo633

Audioholic Intern
I'm tossing this out for feedback

I can buy a 10 yr old Rotel RMB-1075 that is in good condition for a reasonable price or I can pay a couple hundred more to buy a brand new Outlaw 5000.

What do you guys think?

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
That Outlaw is tough to pass up! If I needed an amp, that would be the top of my list!

C

clugo633

Audioholic Intern
:) lifespan of any amp is what I can't figure out.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
:) lifespan of any amp is what I can't figure out.
Any amp will last forever, as long as it has regular-ish maintenance and is taken care of. As they age, caps need to be replaced, bias' need to be adjusted back into spec etc. I had a Rotel 1075 and they are great amps. If it's in perfect functional and cosmetic condition and you don't mind sending it to someone to have the caps replaced and it checked to see if it's in spec in 5-10 years, I see no reason not to go with the Rotel.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
My parasound 1206 is 1997 vintage and still going strong!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
My >30 years old Marantz amp is still working perfectly the original caps, one had developed a leak but dried out since. I typically listen at 75 dB average, about 1/4W average, 15-20W peaks per channel so I won't be replacing the caps in a hurry.

I will never buy any 5 or 7 channel amp. IMO it is better to spend all our money on the L,R that should theoretically benefit serious music listening most but I am sure most people will disagree.:D

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
I would definitely buy the new amp if it's only $200 more. A 10 year old amp scares me. :eek:

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Amps can certainly last a long time, but I don't like taking chances so generally buy new so would go with the Outlaw myself. You should also look at Emotiva who make great amps.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
My >30 years old Marantz amp is still working perfectly the original caps, one had developed a leak but dried out since. I typically listen at 75 dB average, about 1/4W average, 15-20W peaks per channel so I won't be replacing the caps in a hurry.

I will never buy any 5 or 7 channel amp. IMO it is better to spend all our money on the L,R that should theoretically benefit serious music listening most but I am sure most people will disagree.:D
I don't disagree. Any amount of money spent I believe I will get more satisfying results spending that money on 2 channel versus multi channel arrangements.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis