Urgent, first pair of speakers used, found a good deal but...

W

wbonx

Audiophyte
Hi,

I'm new to the forum, I'm trying to choose my first good pair of speakers.

I'm traveling in germany and I have found a decent deal that I'm supposed to close today (sunday).

I have found a pair of Jbl Ti1000 that probably no one of you knows, but they were suppose to be highend speakers in 1994, sold for approx 2000 euro. (apparently after 1996 the price dropped to <1000euro, ±4000DM pre euro).
I found them used for 350 euro in good conditions.

Link to detail:
JBL TI 1000

My question is, shall I buy them or buy something else new for that price?
I have not much experience, but I'm not necessarily looking for compact speakers, tru is that there are plenty of 4ways Jbl speakers on amazon for ±400 euro.

Thanks a lot.
walter

LOA5000

LOA5000

Audioholic Intern
Hi,

I'm new to the forum, I'm trying to choose my first good pair of speakers.

I'm traveling in germany and I have found a decent deal that I'm supposed to close today (sunday).

I have found a pair of Jbl Ti1000 that probably no one of you knows, but they were suppose to be highend speakers in 1994, sold for approx 2000 euro. (apparently after 1996 the price dropped to <1000euro, ±4000DM pre euro).
I found them used for 350 euro in good conditions.

Link to detail:
JBL TI 1000

My question is, shall I buy them or buy something else new for that price?
I have not much experience, but I'm not necessarily looking for compact speakers, tru is that there are plenty of 4ways Jbl speakers on amazon for ±400 euro.

Thanks a lot.
walter
All I can tell you is that doing the math a 1994 speaker 20 years old. I would get the infinity primus p363. I got some Sony towers and came on here wondering if I had made the rite choice. Well I got talked into using the 4 Sony towers and using the infinity primus p363 and pc351 for the mains and WOW these things are amazing! Really good speakers and look real sharp. I had frys ship me the pair for 280. There on sale now actually.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis