Roen

Roen

Audioholic
In my condo, whenever the A/C turns on, I lose my audio for less than a second. Are there any good UPS / Capacitor / Battery recommendations to prevent this?

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
I have 3 of those units in my house...one on my gaming desktop, 1 in my theater (projector, receiver, etc) and living room theater (60 in tv, receiver, etc)

the battery on my desktop unit finally died after 6 years...so ordered replacements, installed myself, back up and running.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
APC is preferred over Cyberpower, but that is for reasons I don't particularly care about. You can do just fine with either. Just be sure to get one rated over the capacity you need and you're good to go.

S

ScottAllenLogan

Audioholic Intern
I had the same issue and I solved it by doing a number of things. First, I moved all of my AV equipment into the laundry closet. I did this because I use a gas dryer, which only needs 110v power. That left a 220v circuit open that I split into two separate 120v circuits to power my amps and Reciever. That was huge. Of course, I also had to devise a substantial cooling system in there that I achieved by placing 8 small fans that move the air up and out a front opening I created with new door hardware. I was able to achieve a steady 71 degrees even with the dryer running and doors closed because of the airflow. Then, I added in a big APC UPS unit that I got on EBay for a deal, because I factored in the price of a replacement battery, which any used UPS will likely need. This now keeps all of my network gear humming even during a brownout as the system gives me about 25 minutes of protection with everything on, which would never happen. Also, I swapped out every light in my townhouse for LED so my overall load was reduced. All of those factors still leave the occasional dip, but the UPS keeps you from ever noticing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
Agree that APC is generally preferred but I had 2 APC units die after only a couple of years of light use. That said I did just buy an APC UPS unit for my NAS and network gear.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis