Upgrading my Projector

H

HorrorFan33

Enthusiast
I am currently using an Epson EX3212, which is only 800x600 resolution..I'm trading that in for an Epson 710HD, which is 1280x800..Should I see a big difference??...I see alot of pixels with my current on and hope the new one will be alot cleaner looking..I sit 10ft away from the screen..
Also, the new projector is 720p, so will I have any problems when watching a 1080 blu ray?

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Are you trying to be funny? :p If a blind man like me can tell the difference. You definitely can.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I am currently using an Epson EX3212, which is only 800x600 resolution..I'm trading that in for an Epson 710HD, which is 1280x800..Should I see a big difference??...I see alot of pixels with my current on and hope the new one will be alot cleaner looking..I sit 10ft away from the screen..
Also, the new projector is 720p, so will I have any problems when watching a 1080 blu ray?
As lsiberian said, you will totally notice a difference. You won't have any issue watching a 1080P blu-ray, but if you had a 1080P projector you'd probably notice a difference.

H

HorrorFan33

Enthusiast
I knew there was going to be a big difference, but I didn't know if I was going to be blown away by it...I just got this, while I save up for a nice 1080p one.
I am pretty impressed by the difference, its so much cleaner!!..However, I am a little disappointed in the screen size limitations. I only have an 84" screen in this room and smallest image I can get is around 92" from 10ft. away..So, I will either have to buy a bigger screen or ceiling mount the projector closer to my current screen (I vote bigger screen) :D
I can't wait to check out the picture on my 135" screen in the dedicated theater!!!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis