upgrading entire system

A

abstruz

Audiophyte
Ok so here it is i currently own a RX-V2600 Yamaha and looking to upgrade my receiver and add an amp as well - with the speakers just purchased . I've been out of the loop for a minute so please be patiant - guess I'd be a newbie at this point , for sure feel like one after reading some threads on this site ~

My room is 19' L x 14' W and 8' ceilings -
The wiring has been totally been replaced in wall and over ceiling incased in insulated tubing and sealed ( hopefully to elminate any issues etc. ) as well as the Polk in-wall pre-construction boxes for rears and later 2 channels - except the sub wiring , dont ask just plane forgot it !

So the speakers are :

Polk LSI 25's
Polk LSI-C
Polk Pro 600 sub
Polk LSI 65 FX
Polk LSI 265 ( later for 7.1 app )

Other equipment :

SONY PS3 - also used as Blu-Ray player
Samnsung LN-T4671F

AMP - I've heard great and horry stories about the EMOTIVA XPA-5 but more good than bad so thinking that might be my path in that area but any help would be greatly appreciated !

A/V - This is where i get kinda get confused with it all but have been satisfied with the Yamaha just need a little more now. I would like to have equal quality on both sides of the spectrum with great sound ( music ) and video capabilities as well . Yeah i know my cake and eat it too ! So I've heard great things from Pionner , Onkyo , Denon , and Yamaha but cant quite pull the trigger on one . Budget would be in the 1200.00 to 2000 range and thats a big range but hopefully someone can help me with my trigger finger . Hope I've provided enuff info for everyone but sure I've missed something. Oh 2nd and 3rd zone also at a later date . :D

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
The Onkyo TX-SR876 is only $849 right now at Accessories4less.
Great receiver, best value there is. I know, I own it.

* As for an amp, the Emotiva XPA-5 is also excellent and of great value.
But, with the Onkyo TX-SR876, I don't think you'll need it, cause the Onkyo is THX Ultra2 Plus certified, and is rated to drive 4-ohm loads. And it's plenty for your room's size. And you also have a sub, so you'll be using a x-over in your receiver; tha'll give you extra headroom.

-> By the way, your Yammy 2600 is a great receiver, with a fantastic preamp section, a small gem, not known by too many people. So, you can still use it, and just add the Emotiva XPA-5. Another nice option.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis