Upgrade AV Receiver

W

wafflebird

Audioholic
Between those two go HSU

The sub that comes with that system will DESTROY the Athena sub. Not to say that the Athena is THAT bad, it is just that the HSU is far supierior. Also the way they made the Ventriloquist system they are able to get some good mid-bass out of the center and then feed the sats a higher frequency. It is overall a good concept. I am sure total system wise the Athena would be a 5-6 and the HSU would be an 8-9 based on the same scale. The HSU sub is a huge improvement over the Athena for sure.

Good Luck.:D

R

rak_32

Banned
wafflebird said:
The sub that comes with that system will DESTROY the Athena sub. Not to say that the Athena is THAT bad, it is just that the HSU is far supierior. Also the way they made the Ventriloquist system they are able to get some good mid-bass out of the center and then feed the sats a higher frequency. It is overall a good concept. I am sure total system wise the Athena would be a 5-6 and the HSU would be an 8-9 based on the same scale. The HSU sub is a huge improvement over the Athena for sure.

Good Luck.:D
Do you know any other speaker sets that are similar to the Athena and HSU in price and performance? So far I do not know of many speaker sets except the HSU, Athena, and a JBL one.

R

rak_32

Banned
Please help, I would liek to have a bigger selection of speaker sets to choose from. So far I only know 3 that are within my price range. Will someone tell me more?

W

wafflebird

Audioholic
Quality wise for the price the HSU may just be the best.

I mean this is a mean set of speakers with some pretty nifty technology built in for $299.00. Also don't forget my earlier advise on the Infinitys @ Circuit-City. They are practically giving them away just to clear out their stock. With a good subwoofer these things rock. You can pick up the Primus 150's for around $39.99 with a mail-in rebate. And these are very nuetral speakers and have great mid-bass and highs. For $39.00 they will not be beat, not by a long shot!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep digging. Sorry for the delay been working on the road all day and then had to some computer work before I came on here.:eek:

R

rak_32

Banned
ok, now that i've read most of the reviews for the Primus 150's, im convinced there a steal for their price. But, yes there is a but. i need to go out and buy a center + 2 rear surrounds that are infinity also. And that will be a real hassle. So infinitys, im not sure if i'll buy them. unless

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
wafflebird said:
I mean this is a mean set of speakers with some pretty nifty technology built in for $299.00. Also don't forget my earlier advise on the Infinitys @ Circuit-City. They are practically giving them away just to clear out their stock. With a good subwoofer these things rock. You can pick up the Primus 150's for around $39.99 with a mail-in rebate. And these are very nuetral speakers and have great mid-bass and highs. For $39.00 they will not be beat, not by a long shot!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep digging. Sorry for the delay been working on the road all day and then had to some computer work before I came on here.:eek:
Please, Wafflebird...as Gene suggests...stop feeding the trolls.

R

rak_32

Banned
rjbudz said:
Please, Wafflebird...as Gene suggests...stop feeding the trolls.
I think you should just shut up you big fat douche. Get out of here, if you dont want to help then just leave. Jerks like you should just die

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
rak_32 said:
I think you should just shut up you big fat douche. Get out of here, if you dont want to help then just leave. Jerks like you should just die
.....now Rak, there's no need for that....you've always got the ignore feature....all the suggestions you can ever get at this or any site can't replace getting out and listening to some possibilities for yourself....we all hear different....the HSU Ventriloquist V-12 system with an HSU 2 sub should be a quite decent system for you....you've stated a desire for increased bass from the start....

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
That's it, I've had enough. Bye bye rak. You may or may not have been a troll but you need to learn a little forum etiquette.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
im curious myself why a lot of people consider him a troll.

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
Tom Andry said:
That's it, I've had enough. Bye bye rak. You may or may not have been a troll but you need to learn a little forum etiquette.
Finally....

K

kar_23

Banned
why did you ban him?

i just created this account to ask you all why you banned rak. im sure he was a little obnoxious but he was just trying to ask a question. i know your going to read this so here goes......

go and buy a HTIB from frys, try to get a phillips or a sony. then just ditch their sub woofer because its just junk and go buy a 200.00 HSU sub. Then ditch their front left and right and pick up those $39 speakers wafflebird recomended to you. those infinitys are great. then keep the HTIB's rear suround speakers because surround speakers are not that important. you can keep you center speaker if you want but i would change it to something like of high quality like bose or yamaha. finally, you'll want a preaty good receiver to drive your custom speaker setup so go and buy a 100.00-150.00 at bestbuy. i own one for my office and it performs preaty well playing music from my iPod, i use those KLH outdoor rock speakers along with it, i think the rock speakers add a nice effect to the room. im thinking about replacing my center speaker with one of the KLH outdoor rock speakers. you should consider on doing that if you are not satisfied with you HTIB center channel speaker. well, best luck to you :)

majorloser

majorloser

I wonder........

rak_32
kar_23

Gee, looks a bit fishy.................

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
Now we know this person is a troll, good riddance. And please don't return.:mad:

K

kar_23

Banned
AVRat said:
Now we know this person is a troll, good riddance. And please don't return.:mad:
Um ok? I told you that I just made this account and I thought it would be fun copying Rak_32 and switching them around. I am obviously not Rak. Ok, so anyways rak. There are 3 different speaker sets that i recoment you buying.

1st - JBL SCS300.7
price- $699

2nd - Hsu Ventriloquist VT-12/STF-1
price- $498

3rd - Energy act6
price- $800

Each and everyone of these speakers are great for their value and perform great. Each brand here carries a history of speaker innovations and excellence, and each speaker system here is a whole lot better than the cheesy stuff you'll find at the local discount warehouse.

I recomend you get the HSU or the Act6, im not so familiar with the JBL.... but its your choice.

majorloser

majorloser

kar_23 said:
Um ok? I told you that I just made this account and I thought it would be fun copying Rak_32 and switching them around. I am obviously not Rak.
You may not be rak_32 but strangely you have the same IP address.

Goodbye troll.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis