UPDATED: Mark L. Schifter, PLEADS GUILTY to suspicion of charity fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mark Seaton

Junior Audioholic
and got this as a reply:

I'm curious just how their assets were obtained.
It's probably whatever MLS and his relatives either couldn't fit in their vehicles, was bolted down, was too heavy to lift, or was in such bad shape no one in their right mind would possibly buy it.
This is from the process of legally dissolving the company. Those pictures appear to be from the Longmont warehouse. If you look at the "about us" section of Dickensheet's website, you can see they regularly work with the bankruptcy courts, which I expect this comes from. As was mentioned in this post elsewhere, many (myself included) with any credit on AV123's books received a letter from Dickensheet & Associates announcing the liquidation of AV123/Perpetual Technology's remaining assets. A very short form to annotate a claim was included explaining that proceeds would pay out in a specific order, starting with administration costs of the auction, followed by back rent, tax, etc. owed, and then on to holders of consumer deposit claims, followed by holders of general unsecured claims.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Wouldn't it be something

if the watches he owns and is selling were very carefully crafted forgeries that he picked up in China?

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
So the "factory watch" - Rolex Yacht Master that employees were allowed to wear in the factory was not listed in the auction. :(

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
I guess we know what inventory work they were doing the week of 8/9. It's quite a collection. There's a fair bit of speaker stuff in the mix, but office and warehouse supplies still seem to be a significant portion of it - which fits with the way they spent this year trying to clear everything out that they could. A few were humorous (in a morbid sort of way), like the LS port tubes that they were so prone to omitting or not properly installing and the screws lot (since we know they were so good at screwing lots of customers). There was also a prototype sub that I couldn't quite identify (although it reminded me of the sputnik computer speakers that nobbie tested back in 2005 or 2006). What I didn't see - and I'm not surprised by this - was any G2 Rocket cabinets, either veneered samples or raw MDF mules, even among the prototype speaker cabinets.

T

thenatinator

Junior Audioholic
I guess VA321 wasn't joking when they said they deep caches of parts.

And exactly who wrote the descriptions for these?
I can't seem to find the actual inventory listing on the auction. Is there a url for this? The original url posting does reference the auction, but I don't see a listing of what's for sale.... Does anyone have the specific url to the listing of what's to be auctioned?

M

mhawker

Audioholic
I can't seem to find the actual inventory listing on the auction. Is there a url for this? The original url posting does reference the auction, but I don't see a listing of what's for sale.... Does anyone have the specific url to the listing of what's to be auctioned?
Click the "Online Bidding Powered by Proxibid" button and that will take you to the detailed list.

M

mhawker

Audioholic
Wow that's a lot of stuff.

I think once MLS gets sentenced, we should all pick a mutual time to raise a glass in an internet "toast" to Chu. While there have been others who've provided valuable information along the way, I don't think I would be insulting any of them by saying Chu was lead rider in this journey.

Perhaps 5:00pm the day following the sentencing.... you know the ol' saying. It's 5 O'clock somewhere.

richeydog

richeydog

Audioholic Intern
For Richiedog,

figuratively-

1. of the nature of or involving a figure of speech, esp. a metaphor; metaphorical; not literal: a figurative expression.
Yeah, I know the kimono's aren't real. ;) Well, I certainly hope they aren't! :eek: I'm just messing around.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
It appears to be a Rocket 760, 1000, x-sls, MFW-15 sitting on its end, one (maybe two) SW-10's, one ERT, and two items I don't recognize.
The sub in back looks to be an X-Plosive.

Considering they were released in April/May I was surprised to not see any LS-4's. Must have sold them all...
Excellent point. They're real collector's items now. Rare - kind of like sasquatch or a herd of flying reindeer.

S

sandbagger

Audioholic Intern
I have participated in auctions both in person and online, there has been a few businesses close in the metro detroit area over the last few years:rolleyes:

internet bidders get a 16% HIT on top of the bid price:eek:

I dont think I have ever seen this bad of a job with pictures or descriptions, come on you have a pallet of MFW's and it says aprox 14?? how hard is it to count that?

Also what you see is exactly what you get, good luck

majorloser

majorloser

But just think...

You could be the new owner of the executive desk and chair where Shifty plotted world domination. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis