Update on my design, and some driver pr0n!

Spkr_Bldr

Spkr_Bldr

Full Audioholic
You read my mind Warp. I have a pile of new hardware to play with, and some nuts just like you describe. I need to get a couple pair done now and out to customers, and reviewers ... so will use something like that while waiting for my custom bolts to get done.

Yep, the faceplates are something custom that Dennis did up for me. I asked for red, but they came out a bit toward broze as the pics show. They look nice though, since we had a red theme going in the room. I assume he could offer custom anodizing to any customers. That pair of 1000S' is actually my personal pair, not a show loaner pair.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Don't forget to use a top of the line thread locker on them....

I really enjoy the design and look of your speakers, they are truly beautiful. I'm sure they sound out of this world. Please keep us up to date with your information. Curious about those subwoofers, are they a free air design, or just a model of breakdown of a push pull.

C

Critofur

Enthusiast
The two way with Peerless 830884 8" woofer and a waveguide mounted tweeter sounds interesting to me. :)

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I don't know why this thread died for so long but I'd like to have seen it sooner.

I'd be interested to know what hardware is used now instead of the acorn nuts. Knock-down furniture extensively uses the kind Warpdrive showed and if the crossover is housed in the bottom cavity (and that section is removable), I would use permanent thread locker for the speaker section but embed a threaded insert and a shorter bolt with a similar head to secure the crossover section, or just make a flush-mounted access panel of anodized aluminum, or something.

Have these been reviewed publicly, in print? What's happening with them?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis