Universal Remote MX-900

L

lanky

Audioholic Intern
I just got the Universal Remote MX-900 and had it programmed by my audio/video installer. Everything seems to work fine except I can't turn my cable box on and off with the remote, but all of the other functions work. I downloaded the remotes software but its above my head and I don't care to ever see my installer again. Does anyone know how to add or fix this problem, I'm sure it's simple but I need help.:confused:

Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall
your installer probably programed the remote specifically so it would not turn off the cable box. Its just one less thing to get out of sync, And as a former installer, anything we can do to make the system easier to operate the better. The main reason we do this is because most boxes do not have discrete on/off codes.

If you have the cable for the connecting the remote with the PC, you can upload the current program from the remote and save it on the pc and someone else can add in the macro command to turn off your cable box if you think you really need it. Depending on how your installer programmed your remote you might also be able to go to the cable box page and simply hit the power button. You might have to go through the pages and look for it also if the hard button doesnt work.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
I'd have to look at the manual for the MX-900 to make sure it is programmed in the same way as the other MX models.

But more info is needed:
- Did the installer program a macro to turn everything on and that works but the cable box doesn't turn on? If so, the macro has to be redone.

- Is the system on/off macro (if it exists) on the main page? If it is like the older MX-500, once you do that you no longer have individual power control for each device and would have to put the power on/off command for each individual device on the LCD buttons.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis