Ukraine – Russia … not more of the last thread

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I'm aware that the sanctions aren't having as deterring effect as was hoped, but it's still worth keeping them in place at the very least, and increasing their severity. It's not like the sanctions are helping Russia at all. Obviously, it's no substitute for supplying Ukraine with the weapons and assistance they need to obliterate every single Russian combatant within their borders (and why not kill a few outside of their borders while they are at it?) The world needs to recognize the Russian government for the evil that it is, push its influence back behind its borders, and contain it there. That will require a multi-pronged approach using not just a military front but economic, cultural, and political fronts as well.
Yes, I agree with you ..... and at the same time I think we could all make some difference...... there is a pretty large attention towards Freia in Norway, which is daughter company to Mondelez, peopl,e are personally sanctioning, but it is far from enough .... everyone can contribute to make a difference ;)

There ´was a demonstration over here in Bergen on the occasion of 2 years since the invasion, there was actually a soldier from Mariupol who was in ruzzian captivity, talk about standing ovations :cool:
This guy seriously looked like he had been trhouhg he#$, and he probably was o_O

I believe the only way forward include 100% sanctioning of everything ruzzian, we are VERY far from there.
I just wish governments could be more serious, even here in Norway we allow ruzzian fishermen to take their boats to Norwegian harbours..... seriously give me a break, Norwegian government :mad:

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yes, I agree with you ..... and at the same time I think we could all make some difference...... there is a pretty large attention towards Freia in Norway, which is daughter company to Mondelez, peopl,e are personally sanctioning, but it is far from enough .... everyone can contribute to make a difference ;)

There ´was a demonstration over here in Bergen on the occasion of 2 years since the invasion, there was actually a soldier from Mariupol who was in ruzzian captivity, talk about standing ovations :cool:
This guy seriously looked like he had been trhouhg he#$, and he probably was o_O

I believe the only way forward include 100% sanctioning of everything ruzzian, we are VERY far from there.
I just wish governments could be more serious, even here in Norway we allow ruzzian fishermen to take their boats to Norwegian harbours..... seriously give me a break, Norwegian government :mad:
I wanna know why putin doesn’t have a bullet in his damn head already.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I wanna know why putin doesn’t have a bullet in his damn head already.
THX A LOT MATE :cool:

The scary part is .... there are other guys in line, who are even worse o_O
and many fu$#$# ruzzians think putler is the best president for 1000 years

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
THX A LOT MATE :cool:

The scary part is .... there are other guys in line, who are even worse o_O
and many fu$#$# ruzzians think putler is the best president for 1000 years
That IS scary. I say bullets for all who condone that maniac. It disgusts me that two years later, it’s still going on.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
There are apparently about a million ways to look at the Russian economy. This article seems to be about as good as any.

China is part of the problem:

>>>To be truly effective, sanctions need to be global (or as close to it as possible). In the case of Russia, though, the second-biggest player in the global economy, which is China, is not only not participating in the sanctions but is actually helping weaken their impact. China was already Russia’s biggest trading partner before the war in Ukraine, and in the past two years, trade between the two countries has soared, with China importing more and more Russian oil and gas.<<<(emphasis added)

Some other countries are helping Russia as well, including NATO member Turkey:

>>>Countries such as Turkey, India, and the United Arab Emirates have also helped Russia circumvent sanctions by serving as trade intermediaries that permit the transshipment of Russian oil and the importation of important technological products such as microchips.<<<

Military spending is helping the economic numbers, but a lot of this activity isn't helping average Russian citizens:

>>>Finally, Russia’s economy has gotten a big stimulus from a sharp increase in government spending. . . . most important, Russia has ramped up military spending. . . . But this comes with a price. . . . the modern Russian economy look strangely like the old Soviet economy—highly dependent on exporting raw materials and on military spending, technologically limited, and generally unfriendly to consumers. A lesson of the 1980s Gorbachev era was that an economy that looks like this ends up as a lumbering giant of inefficiency and stagnation.<<<

Basically, the Russian economy is becoming even less capable of improving the standard of living of people there, but Putin can maintain his grip on power because he murders anyone who criticizes him.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
There are apparently about a million ways to look at the Russian economy. This article seems to be about as good as any.

.... Putin can maintain his grip on power because he murders anyone who criticizes him.
Not only this but their supreme court is stacked by him to do his bidding.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Live by the poison pellet, die by the poison pellet. Someone needs to use the KGB's own tactic on him AND the next three in line.
Is there anyone better around the corner?
I am not confident about this; As far as I know, even Navalny supported the ruzzian agression towards Krimea.

Last edited:
M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Remind you of anyone
The notion that the U.S. Supreme Court is stacked by Trump to do his bidding is bizarre. This is the exact opposite of what has happened here in the real world.

>>>Donald Trump Keeps Getting Rejected by the Supreme Court
The former president seems to think the justices are going to help him. They keep showing him that they won’t.

Justice Department lawyers appear to have recognized what Trump and his legal team seem to have missed: The Supreme Court almost never rules in his favor in personal disputes and only occasionally sided with him on policy matters when he was president. Though the court’s conservative wing is now firmly in control of its docket and rulings, it has only rarely handed significant victories to Trump. And yet the former president and his legal team never seem to tailor their expectations accordingly.

The latest defeat came last week as part of Trump’s effort to undermine the investigation into classified documents stored at Mar-a-Lago after he left the White House last year.

. . .The clearest example came in 2020 when Trump sought to stop two parallel investigations. . . . [and lost in Trump v. Vance and eaked out a minor "victory" of sorts in Trump v. Mazars] . . .

On policy issues, the Supreme Court also rejected some of the Trump administration’s major initiatives . . . The court rejected the Trump administration’s bid to place a citizenship question on the 2020 census . . . Roberts also joined with the court’s four liberals at the time to defeat Trump’s bid to rescind the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program . . .

Trump may have seen [a victory in Trump v. Hawaii] as a sign that the conservative justices would ultimately back him over less friendly judges in the lower courts. In this regard, he was badly mistaken. . . . In the weeks leading up to January 6, 2021, Trump and his allies tried to get the Supreme Court to intervene in the 2020 election in his favor. . . . The Supreme Court took no steps to help them, however. In Texas v. Pennsylvania, the justices rejected the case . . . And Alito himself took no steps to block the certification of electoral votes before or on January 6. He even denied one petition as moot on the day after the violence on Capitol Hill. <<<

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
The notion that the U.S. Supreme Court is stacked by Trump to do his bidding is bizarre. This is the exact opposite of what has happened here in the real world.

>>>Donald Trump Keeps Getting Rejected by the Supreme Court
The former president seems to think the justices are going to help him. They keep showing him that they won’t.

Justice Department lawyers appear to have recognized what Trump and his legal team seem to have missed: The Supreme Court almost never rules in his favor in personal disputes and only occasionally sided with him on policy matters when he was president. Though the court’s conservative wing is now firmly in control of its docket and rulings, it has only rarely handed significant victories to Trump. And yet the former president and his legal team never seem to tailor their expectations accordingly.

The latest defeat came last week as part of Trump’s effort to undermine the investigation into classified documents stored at Mar-a-Lago after he left the White House last year.

. . .The clearest example came in 2020 when Trump sought to stop two parallel investigations. . . . [and lost in Trump v. Vance and eaked out a minor "victory" of sorts in Trump v. Mazars] . . .

On policy issues, the Supreme Court also rejected some of the Trump administration’s major initiatives . . . The court rejected the Trump administration’s bid to place a citizenship question on the 2020 census . . . Roberts also joined with the court’s four liberals at the time to defeat Trump’s bid to rescind the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program . . .

Trump may have seen [a victory in Trump v. Hawaii] as a sign that the conservative justices would ultimately back him over less friendly judges in the lower courts. In this regard, he was badly mistaken. . . . In the weeks leading up to January 6, 2021, Trump and his allies tried to get the Supreme Court to intervene in the 2020 election in his favor. . . . The Supreme Court took no steps to help them, however. In Texas v. Pennsylvania, the justices rejected the case . . . And Alito himself took no steps to block the certification of electoral votes before or on January 6. He even denied one petition as moot on the day after the violence on Capitol Hill. <<<

The Supreme Court on Wednesday agreed to take up the issue of whether former Trump can be criminally prosecuted for his efforts to overturn his 2020 reelection loss, setting up a historic case that tests the limits of presidential immunity.

The justices’ order keeps Trump’s Jan. 6 criminal trial proceedings on hold, for now, handing an initial blow to Special Counsel Jack Smith, but keeping alive a pathway for his prosecution to reach a jury before the 2024 presidential election.

Trump had urged the justices to slam the brakes on his trial but hold off on taking up his immunity claims on the merits until the former president first exhausts his appeal options in a lower court.

Now we wait until April 22 when the Supreme court talks about it.

highfigh

highfigh

Is there anyone better around the corner?
I am not confident about this; As far as I know, even Navalny supported the ruzzian agression towards Krimea.
I don't know, but if the CIA is doing their job, they damn well better know who's in their pipeline.

highfigh

highfigh

The Supreme Court on Wednesday agreed to take up the issue of whether former Trump can be criminally prosecuted for his efforts to overturn his 2020 reelection loss, setting up a historic case that tests the limits of presidential immunity.

The justices’ order keeps Trump’s Jan. 6 criminal trial proceedings on hold, for now, handing an initial blow to Special Counsel Jack Smith, but keeping alive a pathway for his prosecution to reach a jury before the 2024 presidential election.

Trump had urged the justices to slam the brakes on his trial but hold off on taking up his immunity claims on the merits until the former president first exhausts his appeal options in a lower court.

Now we wait until April 22 when the Supreme court talks about it.
I read a comment about this last night- it was actually a dig at GOP for saying Trump should be immune while going after Biden at the same time and not seeing the conflict in their thinking. OTOH, if they find that Trump can be prosecuted, it may mean Biden can be prosecuted.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I read a comment about this last night- it was actually a dig at GOP for saying Trump should be immune while going after Biden at the same time and not seeing the conflict in their thinking. OTOH, if they find that Trump can be prosecuted, it may mean Biden can be prosecuted.
Prosecuted for what? Last I heard, the GOP's star witness in the Hunter Biden investigation admitted to lying and is being criminally prosecuted for it. He was fed lies by Russian intelligence and now the GOP are back pedaling trying to save face. I don't think Joe Biden has much to worry about. Trump on the other hand....

highfigh

highfigh

Prosecuted for what? Last I heard, the GOP's star witness in the Hunter Biden investigation admitted to lying and is being criminally prosecuted for it. He was fed lies by Russian intelligence and now the GOP are back pedaling trying to save face. I don't think Joe Biden has much to worry about. Trump on the other hand....
It doesn't matter what we think, we're not involved in whatever process is happening.

Which side HASN'T been fed lies by Russia?

highfigh

highfigh

I reckon it doesn’t mean we would be better off though o_O
I think there's a saying about 'the enemy you know' which would seem to go along with Sun Tsu's comments-

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

I don't know that the USSR, as bad as it may have been, wasn't threatening to use nukes in the way Putin is, now. The ones we and they have now are smaller and called 'tactical'. Great, for those who want to believe the damage won't be widespread, but still a terrible weapon to use. He definitely knows how to make threats that cause everyone else to think twice about what they're going to do and he's blaming the war on anyone but himself.

What has Russia gained?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis