Two subwoffer sizes and L shaped room.

A

Assasin_dk

Audiophyte
Hallo I'm new on this forum.

I have seen a lot of very great and helpfull you tube videos from Audioholics.

But i have a bit of a question on how to best place my new subs.

I currently have two SVS PB-1000 that are places in the two corners marked 1 and 2. they are connected to an Denon X3600H via an miniDSP 2x4 HD
and they are tuned with REW measuring with an UMIK-1 microphone.

and i have now been Offred two PB-2000 at a good price.

the PB2000 can't fit in corner 1 due to the space available. so it are locked with an PB-1000 for now.

and as Corner 4 are the longest away i think i will place a PB-2000 there.

but what will be the best for the last two corners then?

My current thinking are to place a PB-2000 in corner 2 and then the last PB-1000 in corner 3 as the corner 1and 3 are closer then 2 and 4.

But then again 4 and 3 are farther apart then 1 and 2. so may be i shod place PB-2000' at 4 and 3?

but then again corner 3 are the closest to the listening positions?

and the TV can not be moved to another wall due to windows and the direction the sun shines in the day time ;) in short the TV are placed on the wall that will give the best picture quality during day time watching...

Looking forward to your comments and advice.

PS. I'm not an native English speaker, and defiantly not writer, so forgive me any fault's i have made. and please don't hold back on advice me. As i can always learn.

Attachments

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
There is no way for us to know how these subs will fill optimal placement. Sorry, there is no quick answer here, you just have to take the time to try different placements and see what works best. It is best to do this with a measurement microphone. It is difficult to do this by ear.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis