Two subs different wattage and quality

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
the wife wants it all to match. Do they make good quality speakers as well? For a setup in my price range?
Yes they do. What is your overall budget? Was it 3k.

HSU offers very good sets with a fantastic sub and great speakers with a rosenut finish check out the Ultra set for max performance.
HSU Research

You might also look at getting a nice pair of speakers with a sub instead of a surround sound package. Normally you can get way better sound that way on a tight budget.

Most sound comes from the fronts.

L

Leon1972

Junior Audioholic
Yes they do. What is your overall budget? Was it 3k.

HSU offers very good sets with a fantastic sub and great speakers with a rosenut finish check out the Ultra set for max performance.
HSU Research

You might also look at getting a nice pair of speakers with a sub instead of a surround sound package. Normally you can get way better sound that way on a tight budget.

Most sound comes from the fronts.
The monitor audio speakers sound amazing. They just didn't had a sub for me to demo. They agreed to have the sub for me to test out before I bought it. I want towers for the front and until she saw the diminutive size of the radius series she said no. Plus they don't look like the tacky cabinets most speakers do. They look like a solid piece of wood and a real piece of furniture. I even like em, looks and sound wise. What about the bxw10? What do you think of that one?

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
The monitor audio speakers sound amazing. They just didn't had a sub for me to demo. They agreed to have the sub for me to test out before I bought it. I want towers for the front and until she saw the diminutive size of the radius series she said no. Plus they don't look like the tacky cabinets most speakers do. They look like a solid piece of wood and a real piece of furniture. I even like em, looks and sound wise. What about the bxw10? What do you think of that one?
The bigger driver you get the better it will sound. It is an upgrade.

L

Leon1972

Junior Audioholic
The bigger driver you get the better it will sound. It is an upgrade.
Plus I didn't realize the other one was ported. Won't the sound be tighter and crisper in a sealed box?
I would go with the svs if I could hide the sub somewhere. What are my limitations on that before the sound deteriorates?

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Plus I didn't realize the other one was ported. Won't the sound be tighter and crisper in a sealed box?
I would go with the svs if I could hide the sub somewhere. What are my limitations on that before the sound deteriorates?
Where would you want to hide the sub? FYI that SVS sub is a 13" Square. Take out a ruler and you got the size of the sub for each dimension. Plus it has an amazing finish with superb customer service. Seriously you can call them and they will happily help you and answer all your questions. They also have a forum at home theater shack if you prefer to ask them questions that way too. SVS is one of the best companies out there for audio their products always deliver and they have stood the test of time.

L

Leon1972

Junior Audioholic
So I'm a little confused. I thought a sub is connected with a RCA type cable. If that is the case then why do I not see a connection for one and I see a l and r speaker wire terminal instead?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Oh, it's there all right.

So I'm a little confused. I thought a sub is connected with a RCA type cable. If that is the case then why do I not see a connection for one and I see a l and r speaker wire terminal instead?
You either didn't look hard enough or read the spec sheets. Sometimes,you need to do a little more than simply look at the pretty pictures or ask others to do your thinking for you.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis