B

bellevegasj

Junior Audioholic
I'm not sure if this is the right area for this or not, but can anyone suggest a good place to look for a tv stand online? I checked them out at best buy. I found one I like, but I want to look at a few more.

I have a 46" LCD. I don't want to wall mount it, since I'll need a place to put all the other devices anyway.

This is the model I'm considering.

Thanks,
J.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I bought my stereo rack from Racks and Stands. Good deals there.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I got one of these at Walmart for < $200. It's perfect for my 46". Sturdy as all getout and has three shelves. That leaves one for the center channel speaker and two double-width shelves for various components. I was able to pick it up locally a few months ago.

They have plenty more to choose from. Just go here and explore.

jp_over

jp_over

Full Audioholic
I'm not sure if this is the right area for this or not, but can anyone suggest a good place to look for a tv stand online? I checked them out at best buy. I found one I like, but I want to look at a few more.

I have a 46" LCD. I don't want to wall mount it, since I'll need a place to put all the other devices anyway.

This is the model I'm considering.

Thanks,
J.
You could also look at crutchfield - I bought one from here for work and they shipped pretty quick. Perhaps a bit more expensive than others vendors but good service.

HexOmega

HexOmega

Audioholic
If I could make one suggestion: when shopping for this type of unit, incorporate plenty of room for running wires behind the components you intend to place on the shelves. In other words, the depth of the shelves would ideally be at least 6"-10" greater than the depth of your deepest A/V component so that wires are not being pinched or bent at a tight radius.

This not only applies to placement of the TV stand up against a wall, but also to the stands with a wide wire channel behind the component shelves. If you have a component centered on either shelf, the wire channel can pose some clearance issues (ironically, for wires).

jp_over

jp_over

Full Audioholic
If I could make one suggestion: when shopping for this type of unit, incorporate plenty of room for running wires behind the components you intend to place on the shelves. In other words, the depth of the shelves would ideally be at least 6"-10" greater than the depth of your deepest A/V component so that wires are not being pinched or bent at a tight radius.

This not only applies to placement of the TV stand up against a wall, but also to the stands with a wide wire channel behind the component shelves. If you have a component centered on either shelf, the wire channel can pose some clearance issues (ironically, for wires).
Excellent advice! I wish I had thought more about this with my custom Amish entertainment center. It's stunning but I'd like more room to run wires. In fact, when they built it I had to specify that it needed cable holes...

Attachments

HexOmega

HexOmega

Audioholic
Excellent advice! I wish I had thought more about this with my custom Amish entertainment center. It's stunning but I'd like more room to run wires. In fact, when they built it I had to specify that it needed cable holes...
Wow, very sharp indeed!

jp_over

jp_over

Full Audioholic
Thanks; I'm looking forward to filling it up with AV equipment when I get back to the states!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis