TV for PS3 and XBOX 360???

P

Panjsheri

Audioholic
Hey Guys,

I was just wondering what you would consider the best TV for the PS3 or XBOX 360?? I already have a Home Theater but currently it is in the living room and is the only TV I have to watch anything on. I was thinking of waiting until Christmas and going for a 46' LCD made by either Sharp, Sony or Samsung as these three are at the top of their game!!! I cant play on my big screen all the time as different members of my family watch different shows at different times and is the reason why I want to get a 46'. I would go for a 52' but the price difference is too much for 6 inches plus 46 will be good enough for 8 feet away and its for games only!!!

BTW: Price is not an issue!!!

THX!!!:)

M

mudrummer99

Senior Audioholic
I would personally look at either the samsung LN46A650 or LN 46A750. Both awesome looking tvs. Hope this helps

Mike

P

Panjsheri

Audioholic
I would personally look at either the samsung LN46A650 or LN 46A750. Both awesome looking tvs. Hope this helps

Mike
Hey Mike,

Thx for the reply I was leaning toward the LN46A650 as I have seen it in person and when I went to my HT guy I was able to plug my PS3 to it and it looks fantastic but unfortunately I have to wait for Christmas to see drastic price reduction on it but I cant wait.

Thx again!!!:)

M

Mcfly

Audiophyte
I'd like to ask a piggie-back off this question and ask if anyone has either/both of these systems hooked up to any of the following:

Toshiba: 42" 530/540
Samsung: 40" 550

I'm currently watching a 27" Toshiba CRT that has what I consider really good colors. I'd like to stay around this price range and not go over 1200~1400.

If there are any other LCDs/(perhaps plasmas but I don't know if I can control the light in the room enough) in this price range that I should look at I'd appreciate it.

Djizasse

Djizasse

Senior Audioholic
I recently got a Samsung LE32A656 (European equivalent to the LN32A650). I'm using it to play xbox 360, watch HD-DVDs and also as my computer monitor. I'm happy with it.
But why don't you take your console to the store and game a little?

empire29

empire29

Audiophyte
1080p Plasma's (i recommend a Panasonic VIERA or Pioneer Kuro) are probably the best for PS3s and 360s, because they dont have motion blur. If want a LCD, definitely get a nice (Samsung, Toshiba, Sony) 1080p @ 120hz LCD.

Plasma: Panasonic VIERA TH 50PZ800U
LCD: Samsung LN52A650, LN52A750 or Toshiba 52XV545U. 52XF550U

E

Emusica

Audioholic
1080p Plasma's (i recommend a Panasonic VIERA or Pioneer Kuro) are probably the best for PS3s and 360s, because they dont have motion blur. If want a LCD, definitely get a nice (Samsung, Toshiba, Sony) 1080p @ 120hz LCD.

Plasma: Panasonic VIERA TH 50PZ800U
LCD: Samsung LN52A650, LN52A750 or Toshiba 52XV545U. 52XF550U
Ditto on the plasma. If you are worried about the burn-in, don't. I've been gaming on mine (Panasonic) for several years with no burn-in, as of yet. Not saying that it can't happen, but it hasn't;)

Chopin_Guy

Chopin_Guy

Senior Audioholic
I would pass another vote for the plasma....you just have to spend so much more on a LCD that can produce the same black levels of a plasma. Also, as Emusica mentioned above, the pixel-shifting technology has gotten quite good and you don't have to worry about image burn-in.

Now as for everyone professing that you need to get a 1080p set....that is up for debate...I have the new 2008 Panasonic TH-50PX80U plasma...which is not the 1080p line--the picture is OUTSTANDING. As you will see mentioned in quite a few reviews and articles to see the advantages of 1080p resolution in a 50" screen for example, you would have to sit five feet or closer to the screen if compared to the same program in 720p directly next to it. And the fact is if you are sitting that close....your room is WAY too small for a 50".

1080p really shows its edge in the projector world where you have screen sizes of 80"+...But for the 50" market you are paying for no real advantage. That being said, I compared my Panny TH-50PX80U head-to-head in store with the same blu-ray player on the Sony XBR LCD's and even the Samsung LED Backlight LCD...and the picture was just was good with even better black levels than those sets...

Yes, with higher-end Plasmas like the THX Panny version or the Kuro you do get alot of image fine-tuning tools....but unless that is a priority you can get an outstanding without a huge hit on your wallet. I would definitely go look at the new line of Panasonic plasmas as they can all be had at great prices right now...

However, as you said in your post price is not an issue....so you mine as well just go with the new Kuro as I saw it a few days ago and it absolutely outstanding.... :eek:

Last edited:
KASR

KASR

Full Audioholic
I was fortunate enough to win a Olevia 42inch 1080p LCD and I must say the 360 looked pretty damn good on it (using component connections....I'm currently looking at the HDMI converter for the 360).

With Black Friday coming up in a few weeks, 42inch LCD/Plasma's are predicted at 499-599 - so keep your eye out for those deals.
With that said, I've been very happy with my Olevia and the Toshiba Regza's put out a great picture for gaming.

M

Mike.A

Audioholic Intern
I would personally look at either the samsung LN46A650 or LN 46A750. Both awesome looking tvs.
My vote is for these also. I own the LN46a650 personaly. Very nice TV, even better after you calibrate it. I also sit about 7-8 feet away from this set. The 750 is a little nicer, but mainly has useless extras like their Info Link on the 750 can get you recipes and lots of useless stuff you will never need on a TV IMO. The 650 still has info link but you only can get weather, stocks, and news on it.

PS. I use both PS3 and XBOX 360 on mine. I'm an avid COD4 player. The TV is very nice for gaming IMO.
You can go wrong with this TV.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis