Trying to remember name of movie

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
Every once in awhile an old movie pops into my head and I have no idea the name of it, when it was made, or very many clues to figure it out. So based on these vague clues, can anybody think of anything that might match?

- The plot is similar to things done many times before. Essentially the bad guys kidnap people with various fighting skills, imprison them in some dingy undergound place, and make them fight each other for the amusement of the low-lifes betting on the action.

- The main character is a young guy who is skilled at fencing (sword fighting).

- Initially he gets beat up pretty good but the main bad guy organizing the fights tells him 'Do what you know' and throws him a club or something. Once he starts wielding the club like a sword, he starts to win the fights.

It's probably circa early '80s and I'd bet wasn't something that had any long run in theaters. It's something I recall seeing a long time ago, late at night, when the only thing on is the bottom of the barrel forgotten movies (but I thought this one was pretty good).

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Never seen or heard anything remotely like this but it sounds like something I'd watch.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Any idea if there were any significan names in it? Might make it much easier to find.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
I don't recall but I don't think there were any big names in it.

I've tried googling and using imdb.com with keywords like sword, fencing, prison fight, etc and haven't found anything.

It kind of reminds me of my quest long ago to find the artist with a song whose lyrics included 'When he builds his wall around you, I know the end is near'. A few years later, I typed that lyric into google and wham - Vinnie Vincent Invasion. No such luck with the movie though.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
Ring of Steel?

I think it might be Ring of Steel: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110991/

My recollection of the plot is slightly different from the description because I thought it was different types of fighters and only the main character (Alex) was the swordsman but this could be the movie I was thinking about.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis