Trying to decide on a new subwoofer. Would love an opinion? ML Depthi or HSU HTF15h?

M

meheather33

Audiophyte
Ok. So im just about finished putting together my system. I have the martin logan vista for the mains. The martin logan stage for the center,and the martin logan vignettes for the surrounds. I used to own the depth back in 2007 and had the same system. I had to sell because of financial issues sadly. I know the martin logan makes killer subs and I was extremely impressed with the depth that I owned. I always want to keep an open mind to equipment. I saw the HSU HTF15h and its reviews. Its got great reviews but will the quality be as good as the depthi? The one I owned was tight, and clean. Any input would be great. Thanks

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Hi there,

The VTF15H is a well respected sub, but it's a considerably different design from the ML Depth you're used to (a large ported box vs a smaller sealed box). I'd suggest for a more apples to apples comparison looking at the ULS-15 from Hsu. Some other worthwhile contenders in that class would be the PSA XS-15 (or XS-30), Rythmik F15HP, and the SVS SB13-Ultra.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis