W

Wattsup

Audiophyte
The salesperson at my local AV specialty store told me that Klipsch and Polk have a seperate "lower quality" line of speakers that are sold through the large chain electronics stores. Anyone know if this is true?

sts9fan

sts9fan

Banned
all brands have different lines. BB and CC will not carry the higher end

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
All polk speakers except for the Lsi's are in chain stores. And thats more then one line. I say hes full of it.

SheepStar

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
From my experience I'd say that it is true up here in Canada, but not true at all in the States. Futureshop is trying to phase out the RTI series to make way for the monitor series. Until recently I didn'teven see Klipsch in an electronics chain store in Canada, now sometimes I see entry level computer speakers or bookshelfs, but nothing nice. The worst offender for that up here is Harman International (Infinity, JBL, Harman Kardon, and more).

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
Absolutely true.

Klipsch Synergy, available at chain stores, total Junk

Klipsch Reference series, available at higher end audio dealers, Very good speakers.

F

fergusonv

Audioholic
Circuit City in my area has stopped carrying the RTi line and Best Buy only has the cheeper Klipsch speakers. Tweeter is the only shop left in my area that carries the nicer lines of speakers.

Thunder18

Thunder18

Senior Audioholic
Fry's electronics still carries the Polk R-series, RTi and LSi series speakers.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis