trigger on amp using receiver

S

Sylar

Full Audioholic
I have a receiver (Marantz 7005) which has trigger out's. I have a crown amp which is connected to subs. The crown is connected to mains through an APS voltage requlator. I would like to know what are my available options to trigger on the amp using the receiver.

I had a look at this, but these are 120V compatible and I would require 230V compatible device. I did a search back here, but such devices dont seem to be available back here at home. I prefer to use the trigger, and use via remote.

I gave it a thought, and It seems nice to mod the voltage regulator to work using the trigger, rather than adding another device.
Looking for a little help / advise on how to do this, or even better suggestions.

The DC trigger out of Marantz, max rating is 12V / 150mA.

S

Sylar

Full Audioholic
...but Im not sure if they have 230v, is your amp plugged into a 230v outlet?
yes, i live in 230V / 50Hz region
i did find xantech device but was rated 110V.

the component that you posted in the link, what is it called? maybe i could find a close equivalent back here. Is it a relay?

Last edited:
ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
yes, i live in 230V / 50Hz region
i did find xantech device but was rated 110V.

the component that you posted in the link, what is it called? maybe i could find a close equivalent back here. Is it a relay?
That is called a contactor relay, but they are generally triggered by 24v on 122, I have seen them triggered by 12v before I think they were made by amico... I use them in my field of HVAC, inside geothermal heatpumps, a/c compressors, oil pump transfer systems, ect...

What you are essentially looking for is a 230v switching relay that can be activated by using 12 volts, I'm sure there are plenty of companies that make them...

S

Sylar

Full Audioholic
That is called a contactor relay, but they are generally triggered by 24v on 122, I have seen them triggered by 12v before I think they were made by amico... I use them in my field of HVAC, inside geothermal heatpumps, a/c compressors, oil pump transfer systems, ect...

What you are essentially looking for is a 230v switching relay that can be activated by using 12 volts, I'm sure there are plenty of companies that make them...
Thanks for the replies.
These should available back here. I know we have a couple of relays lying idle in the attic :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis