W

wessyb

Junior Audioholic
I want to know what are u guys thoughts on the klipsch rf3ii vs the psb t55 speakers.

I want to upgrade from my jbl stadiums. i have heard the klipsch but am really not able to hear the t55s right now. So i am begging for ur views here as i want to do it very soon. (don't want to spend the money otherwise:D)
Thank u for any light u can shine my way.

C

corey

Senior Audioholic
The RF-3ii haven't been built since '03 - are you buying used? If you've heard them, & like them more than your current JBL's, then you might want to go with that, rather than unheard speakers.

..... but on the other hand, a pair of psb T55's for the price of used rf-3ii's would be a pretty good deal.

Maybe if you supply more detail, you'll get more specific answers.

W

wessyb

Junior Audioholic
I am not so worried bout the price as much as the quality sound. I am 60% music in my 10'*14' room.

denon avr3806
jbl stadiums-front
infinity-center
jbl n28ii-rears
infinity alpha 1200s sub.
Are any for the 2 better at music or h/t or both?
What do u really think of the jbl stadiums?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
That's a hard one to answer.

I am not so worried bout the price as much as the quality sound.
Both are good speakers, come from reputable companies and are well built, but "quality sound" is a tough bird to define. PSB is more of an "upscale" brand but that doesn't guarantee you will like their sound any better than what you already have.

Both produce "quality sound" as defined by their designer's intent and their fanboys but, for us, "quality sound" is in the ears of the beholder. It's a personal decision you have to make. We really can't offer any valid advice there. We might be able to state our preferences but that may or may not reflect yours.

If it's any help, I prefer brunettes but your tastes may differ.

I do suggest, however, that when auditioning these you take along some music you're familiar with and leave the movies out of the decision making process. Virtually all speakers that sound good on music do at least as well on movies. It doesn't seem to work the other way around, though.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis