Total Recall Blu Ray issue

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
This post is not about the issue itself but having to do more with corporations, this one just happens to be Sony...nothing against Sony either..

Sony US is aware of the issues with this BluRay. I have spoken to several people from Sony US and they have been very helpful and admit to knowing about this issue. However, I was told that I had to go through Sony Canada...makes sense to me. The befuddling part is that Sony Canada is dumbfounded, surprised, in the dark if you will, about the issue with this BluRay. Why?????? Canada and US are on the same region. How can the Canadian arm not know what the US leg knows with respect to this BluRay. I myself am dumfounded about this. Sony Canada has also been very helpful and has asked me to mail my copy to them so that can reproduce the problem in their labs. I asked them if they could not buy one off the shelf and test it for themselves. I've exchanged my Bluray copy 4 times from Walmart and the issues occurs at the exact same spots across all the discs I've exchanged. Like I said, how can part of a corp not know about a problem like this since the US market is much much bigger than its Canadian counterpart. :confused:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I don't remember any issues with my Netflix rental of the new Total Recall. I guess there are different versions of this BD?

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
It's a problem with the authoring of the disc, if you set your audio to PCM instead of bistream it will fix the problem. Although some players haven't been affected by this issue. I do agree that it's odd Sony Canada isn't aware of this. Some corporations just get so big that one hand doesn't know what the other one is doing sometimes.

At any rate, if you want an exchange, look at the link below, it contains everything you need to know.

Total Recall 2012 BD Disc Exchange Program - Blu-ray Forum

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks for the response. :) Its thru the exchange program that I had contacted Sony US. They told me to work through Sony Canada. Sony US also told me that Samsung had already provided a firmware upgrade to alleviate the rendering issue.

R

RainMan

Junior Audioholic
I'm using a marrantz Blueray player and bought my copy at Walmart . I live in bc Canada and had no issues playing it .
Well there was one issue , the movie plain sucks!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm using a marrantz Blueray player and bought my copy at Walmart . I live in bc Canada and had no issues playing it .
Well there was one issue , the movie plain sucks!

The name rainman fits you to like a glove judging by your response. :rolleyes:

R

RainMan

Junior Audioholic
The name rainman fits you to like a glove judging by your response. :rolleyes:
Lmao , I thought you'd like that .

seriously though , I felt they did a poor job of establishing a plot . If you hadn't watched the first one you'd have no idea what the heck was going on . They didn't spend a lot of time actually explaining what or who the resistance was IMO . Sure there were great effects etc , but it came no where close to the original . I guess if a guy was under the influence of drugs it may have seemed ok ,but I quit smoking that stuff in the early 80's

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I received by Bluray back from Sony yesterday so I went to Futurshop bringing the disk with me. I had one of the sales associate play the BluRay on a new botom of the line model Sony and it sailed through chapter 9 without a hitch. I was also astonished at how quickly, the Blu Ray loaded. It took about as much time loading it as my old player did loading a standard DVD. I guess its time for a new player. I will move the current player into the bedroom to replace a good functioning DVD player. Maybe I will give the DVD player to my daughter. The new Panasonic models haven't reached Futurshop yet. I'm thinking of getting the DMP-BDT220
model as Panny is the only model that still provides 2 channel analog out. I use the analog outs as my CD player.

<tbody>
</tbody>

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I received by Bluray back from Sony yesterday so I went to Futurshop bringing the disk with me. I had one of the sales associate play the BluRay on a new botom of the line model Sony and it sailed through chapter 9 without a hitch. I was also astonished at how quickly, the Blu Ray loaded. It took about as much time loading it as my old player did loading a standard DVD. I guess its time for a new player. I will move the current player into the bedroom to replace a good functioning DVD player. Maybe I will give the DVD player to my daughter. The new Panasonic models haven't reached Futurshop yet. I'm thinking of getting the DMP-BDT220
model as Panny is the only model that still provides 2 channel analog out. I use the analog outs as my CD player.
Gotta love DRM. Eventually, older players will start to have trouble with discs. That is, unless there is a firmware update available for the new copy protection scheme. Sony and Fox are the worst about adding new schemes. Makes it really difficult for people with older players.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis