Tossing dog off balcony gets man 3 years in jail

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
As a dog owner, I would like to see that guy in jail for 10 years. Dogs and Cats show affection. Chickens don't, plus this world has more uses for dogs and cats ALIVE.

If I ever caught someone abusing an animal like a dog or cat, I would beat them until I couldn't lift my arms.

SheepStar

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
I like dogs ..I like cats but I'm not sending a man to prison for 3yrs for what could be a silly act of stupidity unless he kills a human.
From reading your post it shows that you understand very little about human nature. How people treat animals goes along way in showing how that person interacts with society in general,people like that a$$wad like to pick on the weak, then cower or run when they run across somebody who stands up to them.

People like that mutt generally suck,they are the type that beat their wives & girlfriends (or boyfriends) half to death durring an arguement,then cry that they didnt really mean it.To me anybody who would beat or intentionaly hurt something as innocent as a puppy has little regard for anybody but his own sorry self.

Poetic justice is for that guy to get slapped around & pimped out for the next 20 months or so,which is exactly what will happen if he does his time in general population of a regulation prison.

I get a big smile on my face thinking of him getting sold for a pack of smokes & 5 moon pies :D

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Animal cruelty LOL. America has industries based on cruelty to animals. I don't remember an Animal Bill of Rights.
There doesn't need to be. Virtually every state in the Union has passed legislation barring cruelty to animals. Get caught doing it some time, and you may then learn the law well.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
I like that idea. We have a prohibition against cruel and unusual punishment but the things some people do to animals as well as humans deserve to be punished in the same manner that the victim was punished.
Agreed. Jail isn't much of a deterrent for someone willing to commit atrocities like torture. Knowing that he will be subjected to the same fate might be. (I say "might" because it's hard to be sure what will or will not effect insane people.)

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Yes. Well, "unfortnately" we have done away with corporal punishment (at least for our citizens). Next?

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Just an observation, everyone is justly riled up over what this man did, it's reprehensible, but it's baffling how no one gets riled up over a child being tortured and killed because of inconvinience. Have you ever seen an abortion? Logic and compassion is so skewed today that compassion for a dog surpasses compassion for a helpless child. I wonder if this judge is a "human" lover as well as a "dog lover."

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
I agree that human torture is far more reprehensible than animal torture...I disagree that "no one gets riled up" over such things.

Frankly, I really don't give a damn. It's not news. Local news is full of shootings, murder, rape and robberies...I don't need to hear it or think about it. If they are guilty of such crimes, convict, sentence and send away, so they are not heard from again for ten, twenty or thirty years.

There are newsworthy things that need to be brought to the forefront, discussed and deliberated, but unfortunately, at least with my local news, are skipped over for those juicy local crimes. I generally don't watch.

Senior Audioholic
Frankly, I really don't give a damn. It's not news. Local news is full of shootings, murder, rape and robberies...I don't need to hear it or think about it. If they are guilty of such crimes, convict, sentence and send away, so they are not heard from again for ten, twenty or thirty years.

There are newsworthy things that need to be brought to the forefront, discussed and deliberated, but unfortunately, at least with my local news, are skipped over for those juicy local crimes. I generally don't watch.
You bring up a good point here. The problem with the news these days is not some perceived liberal bias as the conservatives would have you believe.

The problem as I see it is...

A. News is business, and bad news sells. News (specially on TV) has to fight for the ratings and advertiser dollars just like some lame sit-com. So they tend to dwell on sensationalist stories, doom and gloom topics, and controversial issues.

B. Media conglomeration. There are really very few real news outlets. All the news shows get their stories from the same limited sources, AP, Routers, and I can't remember the other. Every commercial radio station in my area is owned by the same company. They used to all have their own journalists news broadcasters. Now they all share one "news room" and the same "news personality" reads the same news stories on all the stations.

Now back to this liberal bias thing. The media in a free country is the voice of the opposition, the voice of the little guy. Since I can not attend a Presidential news conference and ask the President tough questions I expect the news media to do it. If we allow the media to be controlled by the government you end up with the likes of the Iraqi information minister.

BTW: I do not remember any "liberal media" outcry during the Clinton Sex Scandal.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Now back to this liberal bias thing. The media in a free country is the voice of the opposition, the voice of the little guy. Since I can not attend a Presidential news conference and ask the President tough questions I expect the news media to do it. If we allow the media to be controlled by the government you end up with the likes of the Iraqi information minister.

BTW: I do not remember any "liberal media" outcry during the Clinton Sex Scandal.
Conservatives feel free to criticize everyone else, but get all defensive when anyone tries to criticize them. Also, when the truth told by the media contradicts the lies routinely told by right-wingers, they interpret it as an attack. (My favorite idiotic quote along these lines was "Global warming is a liberal conspiracy.":rolleyes:)

H

hmurchison

Enthusiast
From reading your post it shows that you understand very little about human nature. How people treat animals goes along way in showing how that person interacts with society in general,people like that a$$wad like to pick on the weak, then cower or run when they run across somebody who stands up to them.

People like that mutt generally suck,they are the type that beat their wives & girlfriends (or boyfriends) half to death durring an arguement,then cry that they didnt really mean it.To me anybody who would beat or intentionaly hurt something as innocent as a puppy has little regard for anybody but his own sorry self.

Poetic justice is for that guy to get slapped around & pimped out for the next 20 months or so,which is exactly what will happen if he does his time in general population of a regulation prison.

I get a big smile on my face thinking of him getting sold for a pack of smokes & 5 moon pies :D
I come at this strictly from a logical perspective. A dog's life is short and relatively non-productive from the context of the "greater good". The taxpayers of this state now have to pay over $15000 a year for this guy to cloth, feed and contain this man. $45000 for killing a puppy? People used to thin a litter down by euthanasia. I understand you guys like animals. I understand that cats and dogs show affection but that doesn't mean they deserve to live any more than any other creature.

Matt34

Matt34

I come at this strictly from a logical perspective. A dog's life is short and relatively non-productive from the context of the "greater good". The taxpayers of this state now have to pay over $15000 a year for this guy to cloth, feed and contain this man. $45000 for killing a puppy? People used to thin a litter down by euthanasia. I understand you guys like animals. I understand that cats and dogs show affection but that doesn't mean they deserve to live any more than any other creature.
The same could be said about millions of people, "relatively non-productive". Domesticated animals are an important part to many people's lives. Just because they don't physically give back they are huge emotional contributors to many.

I will gladly pay my taxes to incarcerate someone that abuses these animals they way this man did.

H

hmurchison

Enthusiast
The same could be said about millions of people, "relatively non-productive". Domesticated animals are an important part to many people's lives. Just because they don't physically give back they are huge emotional contributors to many.

I will gladly pay my taxes to incarcerate someone that abuses these animals they way this man did.
Emotional contributions are nothing. There are no rights given to Animals view any legal doctrine other than some pithy laws created in hypocrisy. To a Hindi we don't look good because we eat cows which are sacred to them. Our very highway system turns millions of animals into roadkill.

This guy will do more time in prison than any of those hot female teachers that molested their students. He'll do more time than many people convicted of manslaughter of another human. He'll do more time than the woman that let her child bake to death in the summer heat because she "forgot".

No ..a dog's life is but a fraction of the value of a Human's. Toss a child off a balcony if you wish to refute this.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
This guy will do more time in prison than any of those hot female teachers that molested their students. He'll do more time than many people convicted of manslaughter of another human. He'll do more time than the woman that let her child bake to death in the summer heat because she "forgot".
Those are not effective arguments for not punishing the guy. They are, instead, examples of failures by our justice system. The people you mentioned should spend much longer than 3 years in prison.
(Oh, and it wouldn't cost 15K per year to house each prisoner if we were not trying so hard to make them comfortable. Prison is not supposed to be comfortable.)

Matt34

Matt34

Emotional contributions are nothing. There are no rights given to Animals view any legal doctrine other than some pithy laws created in hypocrisy. To a Hindi we don't look good because we eat cows which are sacred to them. Our very highway system turns millions of animals into roadkill.

No ..a dog's life is but a fraction of the value of a Human's. Toss a child off a balcony if you wish to refute this.
Your first two statements are your opinion and I find very little logic behind them. I don't consider love, happiness and companionship nothing.... neither does the general population, hence the "pithy laws" against animal cruelty. Your reference to Hindis is of another society, as a majority of ours has long ago accepted eating beef a social norm.

I never compared an animals worth to that of a human being.

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Agreed,i'd pay a little extra if need be.
I'm telling ya, we would not only save money but make money with the PPV events.

I have another PPV event concept, and I think that it could be mostly funded out of the military's budget. At the moment, we are contending with suicide bombers. I say that we fight back with "capital punishment" bombers. We strap these people with high explosives, a height-of-burst fuse, and a helmet cam and then drop them from high altitude over enemy targets. Sure, we'd need to weight them properly to keep the helmet cams pointed in the optimal direction and to keep them from straying off course. For that, we'd need to go through a test program before going live on TV, but we could always include the test video as bonus material in the DVD box set a couple of years from now. The idea needs some refining, as I'm not sure what would entice people to watch - perhaps just the screaming on the way down. It needs some more spice, I think. This is probably more of a second or third season type of thing, after we run out of more original concepts.

Matt34

Matt34

I'm telling ya, we would not only save money but make money with the PPV events.

I have another PPV event concept, and I think that it could be mostly funded out of the military's budget. At the moment, we are contending with suicide bombers. I say that we fight back with "capital punishment" bombers. We strap these people with high explosives, a height-of-burst fuse, and a helmet cam and then drop them from high altitude over enemy targets. Sure, we'd need to weight them properly to keep the helmet cams pointed in the optimal direction and to keep them from straying off course. For that, we'd need to go through a test program before going live on TV, but we could always include the test video as bonus material in the DVD box set a couple of years from now. The idea needs some refining, as I'm not sure what would entice people to watch - perhaps just the screaming on the way down. It needs some more spice, I think. This is probably more of a second or third season type of thing, after we run out of more original concepts.
Internet streamed like the movie The Condemned.....only better.:D:D

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I've met a lot more people I didn't like than animals.

How about instead of putting this miscreant in jail, at considerable cost to the taxpayer, we use him as a crash test dummy so he can contribute to making this a safer environment?

What would be done to him is no worse than what he did to the dog, right? And at least some good would come from it.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Emotional contributions are nothing.
No ..a dog's life is but a fraction of the value of a Human's.
Would that be measured in dollars, then? How much is "a human" worth...or are there different individual values as in speakers? How much is a dog worth? If not emotions, then what?

All civilizations and all countries have operated under a system of codified regulations based upon the values and morals of the local population and/or leadership. We call these laws. Your idea of the "worth" of an animal is irrelevant. If the nature of our society makes a firm (or even a "pithy") law against a thing such as animal abuse, it is because of the values of this society at large. You seem to belong in another society which devalues life of all but humans...and I'm not sure about your opinion on the latter.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis