Topping E30II Lite DAC/Preamp

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Okay, it works pretty darn good. Cleaned up the audio coming out of my 2017 HP desktop PC. Not that there was anything really audibly wrong with it to start with. I'll go as far as to say it is smoother/cleaner. Again, this is one of those upgrades that I knew would get lost on me 5 minutes in, like all the rest of these minutely incremental upgrades. Not like the difference in vinyl vs. CD when that tech shift occurred. It sounds more correct-er. I have it set on the DAC function.

I don't notice any real difference with the different filter settings. Mostly because I don't care to fiddle with things that are more the same than different and I haven't really looked into it yet. It's like one of those, "if it's not broken, don't fix it," whichever one it's set to currently (F1, I think) and I'll just leave it there. It has a remote. Some functions need to be set with the switch on the face of the thing and the remote. To me this means I am going to set it, and then forget it, and have to learn it allover again when I mess with it further down the road.

I will say this, I have been listening to it for days with sessions lasting upwards of 14 hrs, which tells me there's no fatiguing sensation, if there was any before.

Pretty neat little device.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Thanks for sharing. Can you compare to any others currently available. A lot of DAC reviews online and a lot of choices Available.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks for sharing. Can you compare to any others currently available. A lot of DAC reviews online and a lot of choices Available.
I have heard a lot of different DACs but never really thought about it. Once the music starts, the speakers tend to just take over and I forget about the subtle differences of hardware.

The Topping DAC is doing something. Most notably is that the subtle idle hiss that used to reside in my speakers is gone.

Honestly, I think DAC has been solved for awhile and the price points vary mostly based on the whims of the marketers so just flip a coin. Some of the prices on these things is utter BS. If they measure audibly well (perfect, really), at any price point, they ought to be sufficient.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Good to hear. I started by buying 2 cheap DACs on Amazon. Guess I thought they were cables lol. Kept the better of the two for a buddy to use. Bought the Node and it’s working well. Use as just a streamer now with an optical connection to my Rotel preamp that has a better TI DAC.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis