Toobs are for Boobs

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Keep in mind...
Mobile Fidelity was working from the master tape supplied by the record label....
If the master tape included certain negative byproducts such as mismatched levels, aggressive EQ, or Aphex usage these could not be removed... The major sonic improvements of the Mobility Fidelity releases including the UHQRs were:
  • Lower surface noise
  • Elimination of clicks/pops
  • Improved/balanced levels
I have about 50 of the Mobile Fidelity releases, my favorites are the John Klemmer, Lyle Lovett, Beatles Sgt Pepper LPs. Note that most of the MF Beatle releases are excellent as they were taken from the UK EMI masters, whereas for some of the USA releases by Capitol were actually mono due to certain licensing issues.

Just my $0.02... ;)
If this is replying to my comments about randomly bad sound quality, I meant regular LPs, not MFSL. The lack of surface noise is one of the best parts- virgin vinyl makes a huge difference and it wasn't rare that we (we also sold recordings) would have people return LPs with bits of cardboard in the plastic- if it was pushed out, it left a hole.

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
If this is replying to my comments about randomly bad sound quality, I meant regular LPs, not MFSL. The lack of surface noise is one of the best parts- virgin vinyl makes a huge difference and it wasn't rare that we (we also sold recordings) would have people return LPs with bits of cardboard in the plastic- if it was pushed out, it left a hole.
Typical LPs pressed in the USA used recycled materials up to 20%, whereas the Mobile Fidelity releases were pressed in Japan by JVC in pure 100% vinyl. I think other LP labels such as Telarc and others also pressed in pure vinyl as well..

Just my $0.02... ;)

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
It seems some audiophiles/enthusiasts are pushy about what can and can not be observed as sounding better, or more accurate. Billions upon billions of words spent by folks who want to show me how to do it, whatever it may be. Whether its "do amps sound different, does vinyl sound better than CD, is MQA the best thing, or do DACs sound different" the arguments just go on and on and on. Thing is, all of this keyboard time is a distraction to the most important thing, our relationship with GOD. Put that relationship first, and all of this stuff can be enjoyed with any means to enjoy it.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
It seems some audiophiles/enthusiasts are pushy about what can and can not be observed as sounding better, or more accurate. Billions upon billions of words spent by folks who want to show me how to do it, whatever it may be. Whether its "do amps sound different, does vinyl sound better than CD, is MQA the best thing, or do DACs sound different" the arguments just go on and on and on. Thing is, all of this keyboard time is a distraction to the most important thing, our relationship with GOD. Put that relationship first, and all of this stuff can be enjoyed with any means to enjoy it.
is he a 'tube' guy ?

S

sterling shoote

is he a 'tube' guy ?

Lot of things to wonder about
Isaiah 55:12

“For you shall go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and the hills before you shall break forth into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

It would appear that that Isaiah fellow got dosed at a Dead show with at least 300 mics of the good stuff, with the singing mountains and clapping trees.

hemiram

hemiram

Full Audioholic
Nothing seems to be too looney for audio nuts. Over the years, the "Magic Bricks", "Sonic Pebbles", Capacitor Beds, cables of all kinds for huge money, Green magic markers on CDs, it goes on and on. My favorites are the Magic Brick and Pebbles. I think a brick from the local place that made bricks went for $.69 each back then, and the same brick, plastic coated with a felt(?) bottom was what, $25 or more?
I can't think of any trend as crazy as any of the above in the car hobby, with the exception of giant, (over 20") wheels.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
@hemiram, lolo, :D, (evil smile), That can apply to just about anything, umm..take animal lovers for instance. They bring animals into their home. It takes over the home, it sh'ts, piss's on your new white carpet, you step in it you pick it up. Some even go as far as sleeping with animals. o_O

My Grandmother always said quote "Never raise anything you can't eat or plant anything you can't."

I was browsing the internet just the other day ran across some, Pet Shop names, "Nutts Lickers" " Labradoodle Facelicks" favorite "Junkies" face smell Clinic. The ad went on with, We all love our pet's and any pet Owner who has ever owned a kissing dog or cat knows the smell of their face after your Best friend just finished licking his balls and his junk. :eek:. Then your Best friend rushes over to lick you all over the mouth and face as your walking in the door from a Hard Day's Work. Some funny stuff man. :p
Not to mention bestiality, some Owners are having with animals and their Lovers! :D. read of a woman who had regular intercourse with her Really, :eek: big" donkey" Her Mother was the one who actually trained her.:D. What they call a lesbian dog? oh yeah carpet licker buttmunchers. The article went on as how the MOM, would sit and watch o_Oguess that's how pets Lovers get Off. True story according to HOOKERS, magazine. :D Evil Smile)

SULLY, JC, "Rabbit"Trix are for kids. :D (Very Evil Smile).

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis