Time to reorganize forum

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Can we move the 'Beginners and Audiophytes' section to a more prominent location than (what I consider to be) an afterthought? While we are at it, let's also give them a ton of stickies on layout, calibration, "AH recommended system for your budget", etc. The Mods will need to enforce that all noob topical threads be created in the beginners section and move errant threads as required. Maybe, if someone has 'Audiophyte' status, they can only post in the beginners sections.

IMHO, this may help alleviate some of the aggravation that has lead to the slow exodus of good posters, the most recent being Jamie.

PS. If not anything else, at a minimum let's increase the display date cutoff in the Beginners section. I find it rather odd when posts disappear while the discussion seems ongoing or the topic has not come to fruition.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I have no desire to see this become a read the stickies forum. Every situation is different and so the recommendations needs to change. Walking people through the process is part of the fun.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
I have no desire to see this become a read the stickies forum. Every situation is different and so the recommendations needs to change.
By no means is that the intent. On the contrary, I feel that we expend so much energy resolving basic repetitive issues that we eventually get exasperated and sometimes even curt. I'm hoping to improve the efficacy of your forum and quality of the conversation.

I agree, the process is sometimes more rewarding than the product choices.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Clint, I noticed the forum looks different :). Thank you!

jinjuku

jinjuku

IMHO, this may help alleviate some of the aggravation that has lead to the slow exodus of good posters, the most recent being Jamie.
I have to bring this up:

1. Who has left?
2. Why did they leave?

I think there are a list of reasons that long term posters sit out a while and not all of them have to do with the forum. I started a thread about Jostenmeat and universally he fell off the map here and at other audio enthusiast forums.

May be some CRM is in order to reach out to those members. Maybe a SQL query where show me any body with 1000 posts or more where they haven't posted in the last 6 or 12 months. Email them or shoot a PM to them (hopefully it will pop in their in box). Or at least try and get feedback that may make the site better over all.

H

hizzaah

Full Audioholic
While you're at it, ditch the "tweets" button that constantly gets in the way of browsing/typing on this forum from my iPhone..

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis