Time to ditch I-tunes - alternative recommendations please.

G

GChesters

Audiophyte
Hi again and many thanks for everyone taking the time to reply, it is very much appreciated. So I listened through my Senns, firstly through the I-Phone SE then a Fiio DAP. I found the I-Phone sounded much better surprisingly!
Firstly I am by no means an experts in aural matters!! The sound was cleaner, the bass came through a lot more and some of the treble hiss i got from the fiio wasn't present on the I-Phone. So I think i'm going to stick with apple music for now, although I did try Audiovana and Tidal. Next thing is which lightning dongle to get????

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
Hi again and many thanks for everyone taking the time to reply, it is very much appreciated. So I listened through my Senns, firstly through the I-Phone SE then a Fiio DAP. I found the I-Phone sounded much better surprisingly!
Firstly I am by no means an experts in aural matters!! The sound was cleaner, the bass came through a lot more and some of the treble hiss i got from the fiio wasn't present on the I-Phone. So I think i'm going to stick with apple music for now, although I did try Audiovana and Tidal. Next thing is which lightning dongle to get????
Smart, very smart. The mastering requirements for producers submitting music to Apple Music which has brought about the Mastered for iTunes, or Mastered for Apple Music slogans is now bringing Apple Music subscribers some truly wonderful sounding recordings. I cannot now discern Apple Music downloads from 24/192 ALAC, or 24/96 FLAC downloads, so no more expensive and inconvenient HDtracks purchases for me, although I still will indulge in multi-channel downloads from Acoustic Sounds.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis