O

Omega1207

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I see certain monster cable rca, interconnects that have 2 or 3 way time correction. &nbsp;And since cabling is a hot topic here, i wanted to know if it realy make a difference in sound quality?</font>

Shinerman

Shinerman

Senior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>No. &nbsp;However, if they could come out with a Time Correction Cable for my VCR? &nbsp;Well,.......... I'd buy it! &nbsp; Darn clock! &nbsp;

Shinerman</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dan Banquer

Full Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Does it correct for Eastern Standard time to Pacific Time? Will it bring me forward in time enough so I can find out what the lottery number is so I can go back in time and win it? Seriously, time correction in a cable sounds like snake oil to me. I think we should get GDS in on this so maybe we can now have the top 11 reasons you can identify a snake oil cable vendor.
            d.b.</font>

Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
<font color='#000000'>All audio signals travel along a cable at a large fraction of the speed of light (0.7c); the frequency-based deviations from that typical velocity (propagation time), while real, are miniscule by comparison. When considered in light of the typical length (2 meters or less) of an audio interconnect the technical term for the difference in arrival time to your ears is &quot;not freakin' much!&quot; We're talkin' picoseconds here, about as far below the threshold of hearing as individual atoms are below the threshold of sight.

Of course, this is besides the question of whether said cable can actually correct for the propagation time variation!

This is a great illustration of how a kernel of scientific truth can be distorted for marketing BS to ensnare the innocent!

But...if they can indeed synch your VCR clock or enable time travel, then they're worth it!</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis