Thoughts on this Speakercraft set-up

T

tlabatte

Enthusiast
I have a Theater Home installation guy who is offering me a fairly good deal on a 7.1 speaker set-up. This is for a 13x26 room but only the front 13x13 will be focused on the theater set up. Does anyone have any comments regarding this set-up? Movies are the overwhelming priority with a few occasions for music.

Front L/R
SPE ASM84631 Speaker Craft IN-WALL AIM LCR 3 speaker

Center
SPE ASM84611 SpeakerCraft IN-WALL AIM LCR1 speaker

Side Surrounds
SPE ASM73511 IN-WALL AIM Cinema Dipole ONE speaker

Rear Surrounds
SPE ASM93811 SpeakerCraft IN-CEILING AIM speaker sold

Sub
VEL DLS3500R Velodyne 10" powered subwoofer. Black finish
with remote control

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
I have a Theater Home installation guy who is offering me a fairly good deal on a 7.1 speaker set-up. This is for a 13x26 room but only the front 13x13 will be focused on the theater set up. Does anyone have any comments regarding this set-up? Movies are the overwhelming priority with a few occasions for music.

Sub
VEL DLS3500R Velodyne 10" powered subwoofer. Black finish
with remote control
better sub if budget permits

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
If you are going all in-walls then this will be close to the best you can do on an affordable budget besides the sub. I would get a SVS, HSU or the new AV123 sub.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
The only thing I would change is the center channel. IMO keep the center channel the same as your mains. In this case I would do the AIM LCR 3. :D

T

tlabatte

Enthusiast
Thanks for your fast replies! I will look for another Sub and I will price out the same center as the sides AIM LCR3s. I will also look for a Sub from HSU, AV123, or SVS.

1) Can I expect to have a decent sounding theater with this set-up (in a general sense). Meaning these should be better than a std Theater in a box set-up from a big box store, right?

2) Any recommendation on any specific Sub model based on the above manufacturers? I need to drive a 2700 Cu Ft room.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Yes, it will be way better than any HTIB.

It is best to call SVS and talk to them about the proper sub for your room, they will not try to over-sale you.

T

tlabatte

Enthusiast
I will call SVS in the morning thanks....

One last question... in you opinion, how would you say these speakers will perform against the likes of equally priced stand-alone speakers like the Paradigm atom, Def Tech BP6B, Aperion 533, etc.?

I know I will not expect the same performance for music but I am hoping for equal capabilities in theater.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Bookshelf or tower speakers will likely out-perform them but in my humble opinion, HT is just not that difficult. All you need is a good center and a great sub so I think you will be impressed.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis