Thoughts on supercube2 and mirage omnis12?

E

enrique

Full Audioholic
I'm considering either DT supercube2 or the mirage omnis12 for a 22.5x19.5 room.I can get either sub for about the same price.I was ready to get the DT until i beagn hearing form its too small to it would do well in my room.I really respect the recomendations here so i'm asking for some help on deciding.The svs and hsu are not an option for me.I would like to stay between these 2 subs.thanks

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
Are you sure about the Mirage Omni S12, because its dimensions are 19 x 16 x 19? Have you had a chance to listen to anything? For size limitations, the SuperCube II would be my first choice.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Don't take the def tech specs to seriously. Its not 14hz +/- 3dB. The mirage subwoofer IS 19hz +/-3dB though. I personally would go mirage. I've had a fair amount of time listening to the energy version (s12.3) and its a very nice subwoofer. Its fairly large, not SVS large, but big enough to produce low bass frequency's. On reviews its had an acclaimed in-room FR down to 15hz about 5dB's off its 100hz dB rating.

If you can audition both, do so. They both deserve a good listen.

SheepStar

E

enrique

Full Audioholic
some things have changed as to which sub i'm leaning towards.Besides the supercube2 the supercube 1 may fit into my budget as well as the martin logan grotto which i heard today at sound advice/tweeter.The grotto really sounded nice even though it was at the store.Any suggestions as to what would work best in my size of a room.The mirage isnt even being considered anymore especially after hearing the grotto.

F

forumtroll

Enthusiast
the supercube 2 is really a nice subwoofer. I choose it over the grotto.

E

enrique

Full Audioholic
Went to magnolia today where they have the def.tech supercubes and the martin logan grotto.You really can't make an honest listening opinion there.It seemed that they had the main speakers overpowering the subs.Any how i was able to listen somewhat.I then went to a dealer and listened to the grotto again in a better environment (they had no accoustical treatments in this particular room).I liked it alot so i bought it today.It was ordered and will receive it sometime next week,i also got a 20% discount for the grotto.At magnolia they dont work with prices even though they supposedly pricematch,but why bother.Also the dealer will let me take it back if it is not up to the task,but i'm sure it will be.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
You know whats more annoying then places that don't price match?

PEOPLE THAT DON'T LEAVE A SPACE BETWEEN PERIOD'S AND COMMA'S. GAH!

:rolleyes:

SheepStar

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Cloning....mostly. That and it sounds better then romper stomper....:)

Why do you ask?

SheepStar

E

enrique

Full Audioholic
I'd still would like some opinions or experiences on the ML grotto.Especially if there is any particular thing i should know about this sub and its proper setup.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis