Think your weather is bad? Try Wisconsin!

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
Took this video on my way to work this morning....got up at 5:30AM to shovel.

Last edited by a moderator:
jinjuku

jinjuku

I would be feeling like an ant in an ant farm right about then.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Whoa...I guess Highfigh wasn't kidding...:eek:. Looks bleak....why didn't you say at home?

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Nice path through the snow. Doubt I'd fit through.:eek:

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

Audioholic Field Marshall
we got hit pretty good here, also. work told me not to come in.
i have yet to go outside, but i will shortly.
then go to my moms to snowblow her driveway.

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
I had to go into work because I work IT for the local power company.....I support the guys that work 24/7 no matter what.....at least I don't have to be out there braving the elements all day!

*EDIT*

My buddy that rode in with me shot some footage of the freeway on the way to work....

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
And one more.....:)

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
How fast where you driving...I had one moron drive up benind me and pass me like I was standing still and I was driving about 60km/h...why don't people just drive to the conditions around them.:)

Nah...I'm just glad your back...not the same around here when your gone...;)

In America we work for a living ... bet you wish I had stayed gone. :p :D

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
How fast where you driving...I had one moron drive up benind me and pass me like I was standing still and I was driving about 60km/h...why don't people just drive to the conditions around them.:)

Nah...I'm just glad your back...not the same around here when your gone...;)
I was doing between 45 and 50 mph, but slowed down if visibility decreased or there was traffic ahead.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
And people wonder why I don't worry about earthquakes here in CA. I'd much rather with an earthquake every few years than the yearly snow storms or tornados in other parts of the country.

Those videos were nuts! No wonder the Packers don't have cheerleaders.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
And one more.....:)

I almost didn't recognize the 27th st exit due to the snow. I go that way to work. But I don't think I would have made it to freeway. Too many country roads in between that drift bad.

Sun is out now. :p

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
The Packers use cheerleaders from a couple of local colleges. My niece is one. (St. Norbert College) She was going to send us Packers shirts by I told her that we don't wear other teams gear... FLY EAGLES FLY!!!:D

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
And people wonder why I don't worry about earthquakes here in CA. I'd much rather with an earthquake every few years than the yearly snow storms or tornados in other parts of the country.

The Packers had cheerleaders but most of them weren't too easy on the eyes. They used to call them the Packyderms. One of the guys on a softball team I was on went out with one of the good looking ones and she was REALLY good looking. Really nice, too.

O

oppman99

Senior Audioholic
The only good thing about the storm is that I got the day off of work.

highfigh

highfigh

I almost didn't recognize the 27th st exit due to the snow. I go that way to work. But I don't think I would have made it to freeway. Too many country roads in between that drift bad.

Sun is out now. :p
Before I went out to get rid of the snow, I saw that Northbound I-94, I-794 and another stretch of the freeway were closed due to drifting. I went out and had waist-high mounds in my yard and driveway (which is a wonderful 105' long). I had one small spot that was basically bare and the rest had snow of varying depth. I also can't just blow it to the side because just to the East of my driveway is my house and at the West lot line, is another driveway. I have to blow it forward until I get to where I can blow it to the side, which means I get to blow it around at least twice. That's just good, clean fun.

Oh, yeah- I got to watch the asshat finish plowing the street, too. They went through early and came about 8' short of the gutter, so I got to clear that out again. Only took 3 hours for the whole job.

Then, I went to get gas and on the way back, I saw three big plow trucks driving really slowly and blocking traffic. They finally got close to the street where they were turning off and pulled into the left lane. The car ahead pulled into the right lane and I did the same. We got to the next intersection and at the green light, the stupid biatch stopped dead at the crosswalk and must have been giving the drive the old stink-eye. Stupid rag was on clean pavement and I was on snow- there was no way I could have stopped and since the light was green, I just gave up trying to stop and pulled into the right turn lane and went around her. I wish I had a brick in my truck.

highfigh

highfigh

The only good thing about the storm is that I got the day off of work.
I was supposed to be on jury duty but I saw an Asst DA last night and he told me the courthouse would be closed.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Woke up at 5:30 myself and plowed the driveway with my ATV, ready to head out to work only to find the drifts on the road from my house to the main road totally impassable...... Waited til 11 for the City plow truck to come, only to watch him get stuck 3 times, took him 45 mins to open it up... I scurried off to work, but he was still plowing our road for another hour...

End of my driveway view from the house

The rest are down the impassable road this am... I had to tow a guy out that tried to go down there, and after I put my ladder in the road to keep people from going down there so they wouldn't block the road with the plow finally came through.

We didn't get hit nearly as hard as south by Kenosha...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis