think it s any better

R

robb99

Audioholic Intern
i ve got a modified sub from a z5500 on my stereo now with an rms of 250w. Those of you who are familiar with it? Think a stf-1 HSU or a bottom of the line SVS would hit harder or sound noticibly better? I just cant see myself spending 500 on a sub right now,,, :(

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Yes. The 5500 sub is designed to work with the computer speaker system. Any SVS/HSU sub will perform better then it.

SheepStar

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Sheep's got you covered. Hsu and SVS make good subs, and they will be able to outperform the Logitech sub.

That said, it's not a guarantee that you'll notice a huge improvement. It depends on what you're using it for, how big your room is, and your personal tastes. I had a PC system (Altec Lansing) with a sub that could really pound. I was highly impressed. After dropping $700 on a B&W sub (much larger, much heavier), I expected it to crush the PC sub. IMO, it didn't. However, the PC sub was in a bedroom and the B&W was in a larger living room, so kinda apples to oranges. Again, it depends on your situation. My thoughts are if you don't feel comfortable spending $500 on a sub right now...don't. You've got one already. Are there better ones? Yep. If you buy a $500 SVS or Hsu, there will still be better ones. If you buy a $2000 sub, there will still be better ones. And so on.

Now, I just upgraded from my B&W to an SVS PC13-Ultra. Without question, the SVS does indeed trounce the B&W. Crushes it. I am extremely happy. However, I did wait a couple of years until I was sure about the decision and I had the money to comfortably buy it.

R

robb99

Audioholic Intern
i appreciate it, i mean this sub that does come with it hits really hard, harder than any computer set up ive had before, i just was wondering if i was missing out on something big, sounds like I may not be. I would nt think a smaller sub with lower wattages could really perform much better, but just wanted to make sure

B

Bloodstriker

Full Audioholic
I'm using the Logitech Z5500 on my computer. Comparing it to other computer subs, it's great. But I'm sitting right in front of it. (I use the sub as a foot rest). But, the sub is very "boomy," and doesn't sound tight. Compared to my PSB sub, I would have to say the PSB is much better, even though the room is three times the size and I'm sitting 10 feet away. Both subs have 10" drivers.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis