The World......China, coming to an end ?

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
So AOC says we have 8 years left(based on her statement of twelve years back in 2019) and this guy says China has 10 years ...............

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I'm not gonna watch a flippin' Joe Rogan clip...

You wanna write a complete sentence and paraphrase, please?

:)

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I don't know, about 8 or 12 years, but it doesn't take a genius to realize that China's rate of growth in all aspects is astronomical. My guess is If it weren't a brutal communist regime, it would've probably already been near par economy/GDP with the USA.

p.s: Duck Joe Rogan - I wouldn't watch him if you paid me.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
gotcha, so in essence we can put both Pete 'Z' and AOC up in one of those Chinese balloons for some F22 fun and games ...... :D
Why you consider them particularly important perhaps?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
So AOC says we have 8 years left(based on her statement of twelve years back in 2019) and this guy says China has 10 years ...............

AYOC was referring to the Global Warming she knows so much about, IIRC.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I don't know, about 8 or 12 years, but it doesn't take a genius to realize that China's rate of growth in all aspects is astronomical. My guess is If it weren't a brutal communist regime, it would've probably already been near par economy/GDP with the USA.

But ironically, the population has dropped recently. I honestly hope that decline turns out to be the undoing of the PRC and it's ways.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan

No country can have a very large economic growth every year forever. As to when this will start to decline as in a bubble bursting is for sure not easy to predict, but many have for quite some years thought at some point in near future it has to stop. If this is along what AOC said, then I pretty much agree with her.

I’m not going to watch that lord helmet Rogan to confirm this.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, you should be watching India then. In the next few years it looks like they will overtake China for the largest population on earth.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
All these countries just keep on having kids, their not thinking about food, water, breathing, just have those kids.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
All these countries just keep on having kids, their not thinking about food, water, breathing, just have those kids.
One of the legitimate problems facing China is that they enforced the One Child policy for so long that a majority of their population will actually be seniors, soon.
I can't even begin to fathom the socioeconomic issues that could bring to a country that size... Suffice it to say it is likely going to be a tough process for them to deal with.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
One of the legitimate problems facing China is that they enforced the One Child policy for so long that a majority of their population will actually be seniors, soon.
I can't even begin to fathom the socioeconomic issues that could bring to a country that size... Suffice it to say it is likely going to be a tough process for them to deal with.
I think it will quickly swing the other way though. They opened the floodgates a while back already when they saw this trend and I imagine it won't take long to reverse. It won't change the fact that they have a moderately large elderly population for almost a generation though.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I think it will quickly swing the other way though. They opened the floodgates a while back already when they saw this trend and I imagine it won't take long to reverse. It won't change the fact that they have a moderately large elderly population for almost a generation though.
Just a little spitballing, here:
IIRC, One Child ended in 2015? So 7-10 more years before they have a burgeoning adolescent population bordering on adulthood.
Good for the military. But a lot of unskilled and untrained workers for another 3-5 years...
So they're looking at 10-15 years, still, before they see a potential influx of skilled and trained working adults.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
FYI: "The one-child policy was enforced for most Chinese into the 21st century, but in late 2015 Chinese officials announced that the program was ending. Beginning in early 2016, all families would be allowed to have two children". The current population of China is 1,453,826,024 as of Monday, February 13, 2023 .

And this brought them some issues :
  • privately-owned kindergartens across China are struggling with declining enrollments due to the country’s falling birth rate
  • The number of private kindergartens and their enrollments dropped for the second consecutive year in 2021, official data shows
  • China's population recorded negative growth for the first time in 61 years, decreasing by 850,000 in 2022.

But that's not stopping air pollution.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
FYI: "The one-child policy was enforced for most Chinese into the 21st century, but in late 2015 Chinese officials announced that the program was ending. Beginning in early 2016, all families would be allowed to have two children". The current population of China is 1,453,826,024 as of Monday, February 13, 2023 .
I wasn't saying you didn't have a valid point in commenting about their population. ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis