The Upgrade Company Threatened Audioholics with Legal Action

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Yeah before this I didn't mind monster making big bucks off people I had a couple of monster cables myself. Now I refuse to own, suggest, or allow other to buy the cable.
One of my equipment distributors is selling their Monster inventory at a pretty steep discount and I still won't buy it. Sure, i could buy it and increase my profit but I'd rather buy something else at the same cost. It's not as if the other brands will perform worse.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

One of my equipment distributors is selling their Monster inventory at a pretty steep discount and I still won't buy it.....
Are They selling it for the new line of their cables, or will not carry them at all?The latter would be good.;):D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I'm not a lawyer, but shouldn't they be accusing Audioholics of allowing libel, not slander? Libel is written, slander is spoken.

I guess that shows how good that lawyer is, he doesn't know;):D

highfigh

highfigh

Are They selling it for the new line of their cables, or will not carry them at all?The latter would be good.;):D
It doesn't matter- I still won't buy them. Munster has a new line of cables? What do they do- fix Global Warming?

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

But we desperately need a common sense law for lawsuits.
Where will that come from, our 'common sense' Congress? After hearing that the airlines wanted to charge for baggage, Chuck Schumer said he would try to get Congress to act and come up with a tax on the fees.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Where will that come from, our 'common sense' Congress? After hearing that the airlines wanted to charge for baggage, Chuck Schumer said he would try to get Congress to act and come up with a tax on the fees.
Tort Reform is so necessary, but getting a house full of lawyers to pass it would be nearly impossible.

highfigh

highfigh

Tort Reform is so necessary, but getting a house full of lawyers to pass it would be nearly impossible.
No honor among thieves, and all that. This would be a lot like pro athletes limiting their own salaries.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
No honor among thieves, and all that. This would be a lot like pro athletes limiting their own salaries.
Most pro athletes earn their pay. Lawyers chasing frivolous lawsuits earn our anger. At least the athlete provides a service.

Most pro athletes don't make millions which is why they go on strike.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Why I'm getting so annoyed by this

This is a severe attack on the freedom of speach and the liberty to state your own free opinion, and for this we must fight and win... at any cost !!!!!
Don't move even a nanometer Gene !!!!!!

This is not a matter of life and death..... it's much more important than this

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Why I'm getting so annoyed by this

This is a severe attack on the freedom of speach and the liberty to state your own free opinion, and for this we must fight and win... at any cost !!!!!
Don't move even a nanometer Gene !!!!!!

This is not a matter of life and death..... it's much more important than this
Don't worry, I won't. I haven't heard a peep out of them since so hopefully its said and done now.

highfigh

highfigh

Most pro athletes earn their pay. Lawyers chasing frivolous lawsuits earn our anger. At least the athlete provides a service.

Most pro athletes don't make millions which is why they go on strike.
Pro athletes earn their pay? $28M+/year to play a game is earning their pay? Part of why they make so much is that their agents negotiate it with teams that are afraid to stand up to those agents, like Drew Rosenhaus. If a team makes Drew leave the table, they risk never talking to another one of his players and that means they have less chance of winning.

Pro athletics is entertainment. Period. It keeps peoples' minds off of their problems for a while but many of those people really should get their act together, IMO. Look at all of the gambling problems. Look at the performance-enhancing drug use and how it ruins people's lives. Look at the athletes who lost control of their lives once they made all of their money. Last week, an NBA player was on the news for being broke, even though he made $87M in his career. Look at all of the athletes who screwed anything that wasn't running away, and many that were.

The go on strike because the union votes for it. There are very few pro athletes making little money. The only way they will make the big bucks is by playing extremely well and/or having a great agent. Look at ticket prices- As bad as the Milwaukee Bucks have been, court-side seats are still $405 each. It's a two-way street- people don't want to pay high ticket prices and owners can't get the great players if they don't have enough revenue.

highfigh

highfigh

Don't worry, I won't. I haven't heard a peep out of them since so hopefully its said and done now.
To quote Monty Python, "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!". Watch out for the comfy pillows.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I think they saw how much publicity the Lexicon fiasco received through this site and are trying to play off that. Someone once said:

"There is no such thing as bad publicity except your own obituary"
I think Schulte is too busy reading the web sites;):D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
To quote Monty Python, "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!". Watch out for the comfy pillows.
Reminds me about "Life of Brian" by Monthy Python..... where there was a guy hanging in chains in a cell.... he's been there for 20 years and just yesterday they made it so he was chained the right way with his head facing UP.... rest of the time he was hanging upside down.... :confused:

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

can't you guys report this company for false advertising or selling something non-existent?
The FTC is the place. One reason I responded to gene about only 'offered' to notify them of the snake oil claims instead of reporting them period, no matter how Schulte responds.

R

RUR

Audiophyte
A more interesting approach would be for Gene to obtain one of Mr. S' products via a third party, thoroughly test/examine it and report out. Regardless of TUC's response to his offer.

Let the chips fall where they may.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis