Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
The SQ on all of jack whites records SUCKS. SOOO compressed. Listen to Conquest.

SheepStar

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
I like their debut CD. I will probably buy their next one (assuming they do a next one.)

F

Fred333

Junior Audioholic
I like jack whites sound. It is very unique. Can't wait for the next album.

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
The SQ on all of jack whites records SUCKS. SOOO compressed. Listen to Conquest.

SheepStar
Pop in some old Zeppelin. I bet the SQ sucks. But, look at what you get. Same thing here. Jack White and Tom Morello(my favorite current guitarist) are modern day versions of Jimmy Page.(IMO)

Anyhow, since when does the SQ matter to you?:confused: Every time I post about a dvd or cd SQ, you state, "that's a stupid reason to buy it.":rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arWHSC3gQkA&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djal2nvVN9w&mode=related&search=

Tom Morello playing Jack Whites music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmVPD1qak2c

Last edited:
dorokusai

dorokusai

Full Audioholic
I haven't heard the new Icky Thump but everything I've heard so far is pretty solid. Jack Whites' music sounds pretty fresh and original to me, that's kinda nice every now and again.

Mark

R

RuSsMaN

Enthusiast
Icky Thump is a great follow up to Get Behind Me Satan, both very good albums.

A little off the beaten path, but be sure to check out Loretta Lynn's "Van Lear Rose". Jack White not only produced the album, but played lead guitar on it as well. "Portland Oregon" is a great duet with Loretta and Jack.

As far as "Conquest" goes, have you heard the original Patti Page version? If you have, then it will become apparent that the White Stripes version sounds exactly like it should.

Cheers,
Russ

Polk Audio Customer Service

Last edited:
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Pop in some old Zeppelin. I bet the SQ sucks. But, look at what you get. Same thing here. Jack White and Tom Morello(my favorite current guitarist) are modern day versions of Jimmy Page.(IMO)

Anyhow, since when does the SQ matter to you?:confused: Every time I post about a dvd or cd SQ, you state, "that's a stupid reason to buy it.":rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arWHSC3gQkA&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djal2nvVN9w&mode=related&search=

Tom Morello playing Jack Whites music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmVPD1qak2c
Because I find The White Stripe to be annoying (notice how I said stripe, his stupid sister doesn't do squat).

You want talent and originality, The Mars Volta. Listen to Inertiatic ESP. Er, there is a video I think.

And I'm not getting into any more my band is bigger then your band arguments. I'm posting this merely to show you the band, hoping that you like them.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
I bought a Mars Volta CD, listened to it once, and sold it at CD warehouse. They do nothing for me (and this in spite of liking some similar things, eg Tool.)

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I bought a Mars Volta CD, listened to it once, and sold it at CD warehouse. They do nothing for me (and this in spite of liking some similar things, eg Tool.)
Stop that! I HATE it when TMV gets compared to tool. Tool is a political/Americana band that writes lame 1 dimensional music.

The Mars Volta write about things in their life. The albums Deloused in the Comatorium and Frances The Mute are concept albums. DITC was written about a friend that OD'd on morphine and went into a coma for 10 days. After he got out of the coma, he jumped off a bridge on to a high way exit in rush hour.

Frances the Mute was also written in the name of another dead friend. He found a diary working as a repo man, and it spoke of the persons journey to find they're real parents.

TMV = Tool ... yeah, right.

SheepStar

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
I don't care for TMV, not even a little.

I don't care what a band is singing about. I want the lyrics to tie into the music by the sound of the lyric. That is the sign of a musician. Most of the time, I can't understand what JW or RP are saying, and I don't care.

Meg is Jack's ex-wife, not his sister.:rolleyes: He took her last name in the marriage.:eek:

As far as her style, I think of Charlie Watts. Keep the rhythm without disturbing the music.

Ax-man

Ax-man

Audioholic
I don't care for TMV, not even a little.

I don't care what a band is singing about. I want the lyrics to tie into the music by the sound of the lyric. That is the sign of a musician. Most of the time, I can't understand what JW or RP are saying, and I don't care.

Meg is Jack's ex-wife, not his sister.:rolleyes: He took her last name in the marriage.:eek:

As far as her style, I think of Charlie Watts. Keep the rhythm without disturbing the music.
I also tried TMV and didn't care for them. Jack White is good, I like his playing ... another couple of folks whom I really like listening to is the Black Keys. Just really good raw music.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Did you guys see the Meg white sex tape? That's why they canceled all their 2007 tour dates.

SheepStar

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Stop that! I HATE it when TMV gets compared to tool. Tool is a political/Americana band that writes lame 1 dimensional music.

The Mars Volta write about things in their life. The albums Deloused in the Comatorium and Frances The Mute are concept albums. DITC was written about a friend that OD'd on morphine and went into a coma for 10 days. After he got out of the coma, he jumped off a bridge on to a high way exit in rush hour.

Frances the Mute was also written in the name of another dead friend. He found a diary working as a repo man, and it spoke of the persons journey to find they're real parents.

TMV = Tool ... yeah, right.

SheepStar
It is their music that sounds similar to me (except that Tool sounds better.) I cannot compare their lyrics (except on paper) because I cannot make out either band's lyrics. Tool and TMV (along with King Crimson, NIN, et al.) fall in the category of prog metal.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis