The only speakers that would make me consider robbing a bank for LOL

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Focal Grande Utopia EM Evo

The very frist room I did a demo at, was by far my favorite. If budget were no issue I would buy these in a heartbeat. Anyone have a 270K (updated pair price) they would like to donate to my speaker fund :eek:. I don't have the adjatives to described how blown away I was. I would probably need to buy a bigger house as 3000sqr feet doesnt cut it. They cost more than my first townhouse I bought in my early 20s.

focal1.jpg

Last edited:
everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan

The very frist room I did a demo at, was by far my favorite. If budget were no issue I would buy these in a heartbeat. Anyone have a 140K they would like to donate to my speaker fund :eek:. I don't have the adjatives to described how blown away I was. I would probably need to buy a bigger house as 3000sqr feet doesnt cut it. They cost almost as much as my first townhouse I bought in my early 20s.

View attachment 66922
You could build them.. focal utopia cabinets are all over Ali Express :D

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord

The very frist room I did a demo at, was by far my favorite. If budget were no issue I would buy these in a heartbeat. Anyone have a 270K (updated pair price) they would like to donate to my speaker fund :eek:. I don't have the adjatives to described how blown away I was. I would probably need to buy a bigger house as 3000sqr feet doesnt cut it. They cost more than my first townhouse I bought in my early 20s.

View attachment 66922
Any speaker that costs enough to make you consider robbing a bank or taking out a second mortgage makes you wonder about value. In another 20 years could you sell them for 10% of their original price? Probably not.

There's far more value in keeping them to use as coffins after you die. Those Focals look big enough, even for the guy in the red shirt.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Any speaker that costs enough to make you consider robbing a bank or taking out a second mortgage makes you wonder about value. In another 20 years could you sell them for 10% of their original price? Probably not.

There's far more value in keeping them to use as coffins after you die. Those Focals look big enough, even for the guy in the red shirt.
Such a Debbie Downer...lol. TBH Those are end game speakers, would never sell, but would burry them with me ;)

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Such a Debbie Downer...lol. TBH Those are end game speakers, would never sell, but would burry them with me ;)
You mean you would be buried inside of them, right? :)

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General

View attachment 66922
And that's why they say " A fool and his money soon depart".

When it comes to those speakers they fall under one of the following.

The seven deadly sins are pride, greed, lust, envy, gluttony, wrath, and sloth

What would those speakers reveal that a pair of speakers that cost 75 percent less couldn't? Remember, it all comes down to your ears. There's a threshold to human hearing. With that being, those speakers, in my opinion, fall under the above.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I need to keep a folder of all of Auditor55's Deep Thoughts and inspirational replies :D

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai

View attachment 66922
I need to listen to them. Did you listen to the Perlistens?

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
At the other end of the cost spectrum, the Vanatoo speakers were impressive given the price

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I also finally heard the Philharmonic BMR Bookshelves, they both look and sound amazing for the $$. I have demo'd the Perlistens last year, did not stop by this year. I did also hear the SVS Towers. The bass output is almost too much (not in a bad way) was impressed overall, but the fit and finish was Meh.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I also finally heard the Philharmonic BMR Bookshelves, they both look and sound amazing for the $$. I have demo'd the Perlistens last year, did not stop by this year. I did also hear the SVS Towers. The bass output is almost too much (not in a bad way) was impressed overall, but the fit and finish was Meh.
Have you heard the HT yet? Have to imagine the low distortion combined with better dynamics, that it has to be one nice speaker.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Now Cos, do you have a listening room worthy of those Focal's ? Spending six figures on speakers mandates the ultimate environment !

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Now Cos, do you have a listening room worthy of those Focal's ? Spending six figures on speakers mandates the ultimate environment !
No I am just going to move to California and go squat in someone's unoccupied Mansion

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
the SvS sound pretty good?
In a police state forget about rob banks and stuff they own the government . I know it’s just a joke but haha . Well maybe the two brands you mentioned are still affordable just not Perlistens some of those cost as much as a new car.
No I am just going to move to California and go squat in someone's unoccupied Mansion
You’d be competing with aliens for homes . :cool:

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
You’d be competing with aliens for homes .
Find some that are working, not to mention while your squatting, have them do the lawn and all landscape trimming, you know make it looked lived in while you enjoy the speakers.
:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis